+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speed Dial??

Speed Dial??

I have been trying to associate a number (as opposed to a letter) as the Quick Key on the speed dial.

For some reason it will only let me associate a letter. (yes, I pressed the options key)

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately thats the way it works.

If you use Takephone it lets you use a number as well as a letter. I decided not to buy Takephone but you can simply select the letter which is the same as the number. However it limits you to only 10 quick Keys. This ws all I needed for quickkeys anyway. I don't thnk there is anyway in Takephone to use a two number quick key like "11". I really liked the one touch capability on the Kyocera 7135 much better. I think the 7135 has a better phone capability for voice dial, speed dial and one touch but alas it is a dead platform now.

This is strange because it says in the manual that Quick Keys can be either letters or numbers.

I know I spent time trying to figure it out but it never worked with numbers. I think you can get more quick keys if you use the letters anyway since there are 26 vs 10 numbers. I never bothered to cal Palm on this since it wasn't a big deal to me. Maybe someone else willpost how to do it.

Thanks, Marv. I guess I use letters for now.

McKay,

I also find the speed dialing a bit difficult. However, you can pretend like the speed dial is a number can't you. The only place it shows as a letter is on the actual "favorites" button. If you want to speeddial someone from "9" -- you put them on "v".

Holding down "9" will then place the call for you.

Greg

Greg, Yup. That makes a lot of sense! It does mean that I am limited to 26 speed dial options. But, then again, I'm not sure I'll use even that many.

McK