+ Reply to Thread

Vzw wireless sync problem

I had my tero 650 for three days now and my email has never been "pushed" I have followed the user's guide and even talked to VZW data support. How do I get my mail pushed to my tero 650? I am only trying to push my SBC DSL yahoo email. I have set these emails up with the wireless sync web site, but as of right now my emails have yet to be PUSHED!

Can you give more details? What did Verizon tech support say and / or have you do? Are you sure that the wireless synch software is running on your PC?
    Peter L.

The data tech told me that I have all the correct settings, but sounded like he was just reading the trouble shoot manual. I do have the wireless sync app running on my computer. My treo does do the snyc, but my emails dont get pushed. Only once did my email pushed and that was on the 22 of July at 8:37pm PST. I checked the log and that what it tells me the last time my email has been pushed. The data tech said that wireless sync and push are two different methods of delivering my emails to the treo. I hope I have explaned myself well. Thank you.

and the data tech had do a hard rest and re install the software on my tero, but as of today...still nothing.

Maybe this will help:

1) If you just want to push mail from a POP account, then you do NOT need install the PC Monitor software on your PC. That is only for Exchange/Notes.

2) To push mail from a pop account, you must configure your account under account settings at the www.wirelesssync.vzw.com site.

3) If you have step 2 properly configured, every 15 minutes, you should be able to log in to www.wirelesssync.vzw.com and see your mail from the pop account. If it isn't there after 15-20 minutes, something is not configured properly. Look out for POP accounts which will only accept connections from the host network. It will never push to your TREO until you see the mail here.

4) Once you've got 3 working, you need to install and configure the WirelessSync software on your TREO. Once again head to www.wirelesssync.vzw.com. This time in Account Setup select Add Device and following the instructions.

5) Assuming 4 is followed correctly, on your TREO start the WirelessSync app. It should ask for your password. IMPORTANT -- It does not want your SBC POP account password - this is a common mistake. It wants your password for www.wirelesssync.vzw.com. Enter this, and you should now have pop mail being pushed. NOTE: Pop mail is only pulled from you SBC account every 15 minutes, therefore it will only be pushed to your device every 15 minutes. If you are expecting email to hit your phone at the same time it hits your POP account, you will be disappointed. That only works with Exchange/Lotus when using WirelessSync.

6) By default mail is pushed, but only from about 8am -> 10pm (I think). You configure this in the Options for the WirelessSync app on your TREO. Make sure you have it set to sync during whatever timeframe you want. So if you're doing this at 1am, and it's not working, that is probably the reason, assuming steps 1-4 are working.

Hope this helps. If you can give more details relative to the steps performed above, I may be able to help more.

Thanks so much I will try this latter on today. I will post how it worked. I done every thing you had said, but had installed PC monitor software...maybe if I uninstall the software it will push my email.
    Thank once agian.
    Daniel

Nope did not work. I tried and did per your post but has not pushed my email. I only get my emails when I do wireless sync. I am on the phone right with a tech support guy...he seems what he is doing. But I have gotten two diffrent answers about the diffrance between wireless sync and push. I hope that this issue is resloved very soon.

manphillip - A few questions.

When you log in to www.wirelesssync.vzw.com, do you see a current (within 15 minutes old) list of your email?

Under Setup|Push/ReadySync, is the Enable Push check box selected?

In the same dialog, set the Limit push/Ready Sync Time Window to 12am to 12am.

In the same dialog set the minimal batter level to 10 %. Retest, making sure you have more than 10% battery.

Select Advanced on this dialog. Make sure "Use Network Push" is selected.

On the main Wireless Sync screen, there will be a little icon in the upper right corner. This icon will either be a box with a small line coming out of the top. Or a box, with small line coming out of top, topped by 3 sem-circles. If it is the former, then wirelesssync is not establishing a connection with the push server successfully. Using your stylus select this icon. Here you will get various error messages useful for debugging. If all is well it will say "Succesfully working". Anything else indicates a problem. In addition, it will indicate time of last push, any pending pushes, and the server to which you are connected.

What message do you get?

Geez, pdaone, I didn't even know that screen existed! Those settings are exactly what I wished for.... I was running real low on battery just the other day and couldn't stop the phone from constantly synching (sometimes I get 20 or 30 emails / hour).

I thought I read the manual, but apparently not that well.

Manphillip? Any luck?
    Peter L.

I had luck yesterday for about 2 hours of wireless bliss, but after that my treo went back to it old habits. I had the VZW data tech rest my wireless sync account on there website...he had to call intellisync to do this. Then after the data tech had my sync account rested, he had me do a hard rest on the treo. So after an hour on the phone, I was able to get my email pushed to the treo. I sent myself a couple of test emails and as soon as they reached my wireless sync in box.... BAM they were pushed to my treo. The data tech sent me a couple and with a 5 second they were in my in box and being pushed to my treo. But this morning I awoke to no emails in my treo. I sent a couple of test emails and nothing. On the website it show that my last push was this morning at 12:23am PST. So today I spent 2 hours and the same issue. If by tomarrrow the treo does not push... I will be getting a new TREO. I bought this phone the 20th of this month. PDAONE i had all the correct set ups... Thank you so much for your help. I will keep ya'll post on the issue.
    "oh, bloody well!"
    Daniel

One more thing to check manpillip before you exchange the phone. What sync server are you connecting too? If it is www7 you may be experiencing VZW/Intellisync growing pains. I had a problem very similar to yours about 1 month ago on WWW6. After eventually having several calls with Intellisync, he confessed that I was on the "new" server farm and it' still wasn't tuned properly. About 8 days after this confession, they seemed to get things going on www6 and all has been well ever since. In my case it would work well in non-peak times - before 10am EST and after 7pm EST but would just hang and never sync in between. I could have gotten 20 new phones and would have had the same problems. I was able to diagnose this because two friends in my office had new TREOs at the same time and it was extremely unlikely that all 3 were defective. So to make a long story longer ... you may want to try to convince them to move you to a different server farm. They wouldn't do it for me, but I wasn't really persistent and was willing to wait for them to get the new farm up and running.

I should also add, I've been down this path with 4 different TREOs for friends, so at this point, I feel like I know the folks at IntelliSync like family. Hope this helps.

I thought of 1 more thing. The new 1.03 update is supposed to refresh your WirelessSync software. It might be worth a shot as a last ditch effort before you exchange.

YA PDAONE, I just finished talking to a data tech and he told me that my sever which www9 is a new build. But I have notice that that my texts messages, be it plain text or MMS, are at time not coming thourgh. I had the tech look it into this as well. All the setting are correct and the network is working fine because my other phone(LG 8000) sends and recieves message just fine. So maybe it might be the server, the treo, or a little bit of both. I will keep ya'll posted.
    "oh, bloody well"
    " Non-Stop!"

Hello to ya'll,
    I have good news to report...my treo is pushing my emails. I had the tech call me back today to tell me that they found the problem( I was so happy when he sent me a test email and it pushed the mail as soon as it hit my in box, that I forgot to ask him what the problem was). Now my treo is a complete mobile office. Just want to say a big thank you to PDAONE for all your help. If any more issue come up, or if I can help any one, just post and I will reply.
    Thank's
    Daniel

Glad to hear it's working. Your experience sounds similar to mine. Once I identified the "new" server with them, my problems magically disappeared. In my case, it started pushing, but with substantial delays - up to 20 minutes, and then slowly got better and better until I now get email before they hit my Outlook client. I really suspect it was just them realizing that www9 wasn't quite setup right.

Glad I could help.