+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Memory Issues

Memory Issues

I am thinking of getting the Palm Treo but I have some concerns over the available RAM of 10MB.

I need to run the IBM J9 Everyplace Micro Environment Personal Profile 1.0. On the Pocket PC my application and this JVM take about 23MB - now on the palm Treo I am unsure as to whether it would also take 23MB of memory.

Is there a way to increase this 10MB of RAM?

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Question Re: Memory Issues

Originally posted by bigpappa
    I am thinking of getting the Palm Treo but I have some concerns over the available RAM of 10MB.

I need to run the IBM J9 Everyplace Micro Environment Personal Profile 1.0. On the Pocket PC my application and this JVM take about 23MB - now on the palm Treo I am unsure as to whether it would also take 23MB of memory.

Is there a way to increase this 10MB of RAM?

Your question is very unclear and your facts are very confused.
    Let's try to sort this out.

1st: Palm.com quotes 3.6Mb not 23Mb for the WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment v5.7.1 for your palmOne device.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/download.html

2nd: The Treo 650 has 23Mb avail when brand new. Not 10Mb.

3rd: The Treo650 is Palm 5.4 not Pocket PC.

4th: The Treo 650 has an SD slot for memory expansion. A quick look at SanDisk website shows they have Sd cards with capacities of: 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB and 2GB

Read as many of the posts on this site as you can on the Treo 650. You will see that it is loved by all.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Mikey

Sorry for the confusing post.

Just to confirm has anyone got the IBM j9 running without any memory issues on their Treo?

Also can I delete all of the applications that come pre-installed and would this increase the RAM available?