+ Reply to Thread

Wireless Sync vs. VersaMail

I'm thinking about getting the 650 from VZW.

I need to sync about 8 various POP3 email accounts and I was wondering whether Wireless Sync or VersaMail is the better app to use.

I believe wireless sync is limited to 3 pop accounts, so that may make your decision really easy.

Does Verizon give you an email address assigned to the Treo? Can you forward emails to the Treo withut haubg to wait for the Wireless Sync to poll?

I'm very interested in this, as of if it will automatically download any new e-mail without needing to "poll"

I'm looking at the treo 650 as a replacement phone for old sidekick that i used to have, and the main thing i used the sidekick was for the e-mail contact with other people like when i'm at the mall.

So does the treo 650 support something like this?

Wireless Sync works as follows:

For pop accounts, the Wireless Sync server polls your pop accounts every 15 minutes. Any mails that are found are pushed to your TREO.

For Exchange/Notes you must install a Monitor client on a PC that has access to the server. As soon as mail hits Exchange/Notes that mail is pushed to the WirelessSync server which immediately pushes to our TREO. My personal experience is that mail normally hits my TREO about 2-5 seconds after Outlook.