+ Reply to Thread

too many buttons w/ BT headset?

Apparently, when using a bluetooth headset, I need to dial the number on my t650 and then push a button on the headset to connect with the phone. When driving, this is an extra step per call that I'd like to avoid if possible. I understand a BT headset will answer by pushing the button on the headset and, I'm told, I can punch in a number in the dial pad and press the headset button and it will dial that. But, what if I'm using a speed dial or a number from the address book or from the call history list? A salesman at CompUSA told me the palmone headset didn't neet this extra step, but the palmone salesman said not so. Is this just the way it is? If so, I might just stick with the wired headset and not worry about whether the BT headset will connect to my t650 before the person I'm calling answers the call. Thanks.

I know 100% that the SE HBH-660, Cardo Scala 500 and Palm TWH will auto connect when dialing out.

This means once you press dial on your T650, 1 or 2 seconds later your will hear the ring-tone in these BT headsets without having to do any additional button presses on the Treo or the Headset.

Originally posted by jamestr
    I know 100% that the SE HBH-660, Cardo Scala 500 and Palm TWH will auto connect when dialing out.

This means once you press dial on your T650, 1 or 2 seconds later your will hear the ring-tone in these BT headsets without having to do any additional button presses on the Treo or the Headset.
    Same on the HBH-662. Works well.

To clarify... jamestr, it looks to me like the TWH you mention is the same as what I was calling the palmone headset. If so, then you're telling me the same thing the CompUSA guy was saying (which I'd love to be true!) but not what the palmone sales guy was telling me. Perhaps (and hopefully) the palmone guy was not knowledgeable on the subject? Also, on the Sony Ericson website... the 662 is listed as compatible with the treo650, but the 660 is not. Again, that may not make a difference, but they are both selling for $79.

Thanks for the help!

I found some lengthy threads on mtdn and went ahead and ordered a 662. Thanks again.

Also, on the Sony Ericson website... the 662 is listed as compatible with the treo650, but the 660 is not.
    Where did you find this on the website. I've got the 660, and I get complaints that sometimes it's hard to hear me (skipping).

Jeff

I did a quick look at he Sony Ericsson site and couldn't find what I remember seeing. Perhaps I was looking at a list of compatible phones on a vendors site? Sorry, would have to spend more time (than I have right now) backtracking to find what I saw. In any event, I'm only a week into using the 662 and have no complaints so far. When I get more time to look, I'll post.