+ Reply to Thread

broke it in just 8 days!

talking on the phone, turned and ran into my daughter and the door she opened and dropped the unit. at least she didn't get hurt, but the 8 days new 650 didnt fair so well.

not a scratch on the unit except for the severely cracked screen. about 1/2 of it lights up, the rest is black and cracked.

i had a soft case that I won with one of the store's promo. it didnt even get scuffed. been trying to decide what hard case to get, oh well.

at least I have insurance, but being 8 days old, I am going to hit up the store and see if i can get it swapped.

the unit does operate, i was able to do a hotsync to backup everyhting and the SD card appears to be working as well.

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    Insurance, in this case, makes for a happy ending! Definately try to get a new one at the store, cause insurance will likely be a refurb. Not that there's anything wrong with that! I'm on my 3rd, and it works great!
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 08-05-2005 at 08:38 AM.
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

I have loved the 650 so far (had it 2 weeks) but one concern that I have is how slippery this phone is in the hand. I am coming over from the Kyo 7135 which I had to equip with e-grips and will likely do that with the 650 as well but I am puzzled why these phones come with so slippery/curvey a surface - making droppage that much more likely. Sorry about your experience there.

i am still ticked off that i dropped it. i don't want a refurb simply becuase the thing is so darn new, so i am definately going to hit up the store this morning

this is the one reason i was hesitant to move from my 7135 to the 650. I have dropped my 7135 several times and it works great still and has only some minor scuffs. i loved the clamshell design that protected teh screen