+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mail Anyone?

Mail Anyone?

I know this must sound like a HUGE noob question (and probably is), but how the heck do I set up my treo to receive my e-mail? I went into Wireless Sync to creat an account (which I'm just guessing I need to do since I don't really know if this is right) and when I get to the point where it asks for my password and I enter it, it tells me that it is invalid. Therefore I select the option "forgot password" and after it asks for my mobile number, I type it in to only get an error message that states something about no mobile user exists with that number. What the heck??

Am I even on the right path? Since I don't know anything about versamail either, I wasn't sure which one I should be using.

If anyone can shed some light on this issue for me, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Where are you trying to get your Email from? What service? Using POP3 or IMAP? I recommend SnapperMail.
    Michael

I just installed versamail (since it's free) and went through set-up. All seemed good until trying to connect to my mail server. I have Verizon DSL by the way. I get the error message "Unable to connect to incoming.verizon.net Please verify your server name entry."

I don't understand because I checked all of the settings and they are identical to how I have Outlook set up on my home computer.

incoming mail: incoming.verizon.net
    outgoing mail: outgoing.verizon.net

Can anyone help me out with this?

Last edited by theorangeman; 08-05-2005 at 11:26 AM.

I just downloaded a trial of snappermail to see if it would work but the same problem occurs when trying to log on and check my email...

The send or receive did not complete successfully

The log shows that timout failed to connect to incoming.verizon.net.

I don't get it!! That is my incoming mail server, so why isn't this working??

try calling verizon? it is not that hard to setup mail normally.

Ok, I discovered something...

My settings are inputted correctly as I thought. The problem lies somewhere in how I'm establishing connection. When I use National Access, my email works perfectly! However, when I use the dial-up, to by-pass having to pay $ per kb, I get the error "unable to connect to incoming.verizon.net"

Is there a way to get dial-up to work with my mail from Verizon DSL? I sure hope so because I can't afford to pay $$ everytime I check my mail. I need this to come from my minutes not my wallet.

By the way, the settings that I'm using are:

Login:
    Username: guest
    Password: password

DNS Servers:
    Primary: 64.40.40.51
    Secondary: 209.102.96.10

Seattle: (206) 495-1000
    Last edited by theorangeman; 08-05-2005 at 03:53 PM.

By the way, I found the following statement on the nocharge.com website (which is what I am using for dial up)...

By the way, on the nocharge.com website it states...

Important Disclaimer:
    Due to spamming that erupted after allowing SMTP Mail Servers to be used while connected to Nocharge, we have been forced once again to block the use of SMTP Mail Servers while connected to NoCharge.com.

What does this mean exactly? I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but does this mean that it blocks connection with mail servers altogether or just outgoing mail (smtp). The way that I understand this is that you won't be able to send mail using nocharge.com but you should be able to recieve it from a pop3 acct. Am I correct in my understanding?

You MIGHT be able to use a web based client for sending mail - if your regular ISP provides such to your email with them. Many do.

It will be a pain - one app to receive your mail.
    Another to send a reply.

But you will be mobile and connected!

Good Luck.