+ Reply to Thread
    ejc

Best MP3 player and card reader for the Treo 650?

I'm using RealPlayer (?came with the phone) but would like more functions...any suggestions? Getting those MP3's into the phone using the HotSync is very SLOW...any suggestions on card readers? Thanks!!!

PocketTunes is arguably the best. PT Deluxe lets you listen to streaming broadcasts from Shoutcast or others. All card readers are about the same.

ejc

PocketTunes

Is this shareware? Any idea where to get it?

You can go to:

Palmgear

No offense, but if you don't know about Palmgear, you are missing out on all the things you can do with your Treo. It is the place to get software for Palm.

Also go to the discussion forums at Treocentral.com and you can learn a lot more.

ejc

headset?

Thanks!
    ...and what headset should I use? Is it possible to listen to stereo sound and still have the phone/mic active?

Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005

EMN
    I'm missing something. I just downloaded the trial PocketTunes and, while I like the app, if a call comes in while I'm playing an mp3 the phone doesn't ring; the caller is sent straight to voicemail. Can someone tell me what setting I need in PTunes or somewhere else so I don't miss calls? Thanks!

I can't get Pocketunes to play audiobooks from "Soundsgood." Apparently Windows Media Player will not download to removable media, i.e. a card that is moved to the Treo. Suggestions please!

If the audiobooks are protected by the PlaysForSure licensing mechanism from Microsoft, then it should be possible to use them with Pocket Tunes Deluxe. If you do the full installation that includes a plug-in for Windows Media Player, you should be able to transfer the protected audiobooks to the SD card while in your Treo.

There are some instructions here for using Windows Media Player to transfer files.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

I'm a big PocketTunes fan myself... the Deluxe version includes the ability to stream audio from Shoutcast.com, which is pretty cool
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Alex, by golly your instructions carried the day.

I was trying to start PocketTunes before putting the Treo in the cradle.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marcberg
    Alex, by golly your instructions carried the day.

I was trying to start PocketTunes before putting the Treo in the cradle.

Thanks!
    Glad to hear you got it working.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Playlists & editing...

I have the RealPlayer mobile that came with my Treo 650. For what I use it (mp3 music from CDs), it's fine, with the exception of creating playlists, especially where I'm trying to put things back in the same order as on the CD. Selecting the ones you want, when mixed in with the others, is a bother, and then trying to move things around once you have put them into a playlist.

My desired feature is the ability to compose a playlist without having to shuffle 30 or more songs around to do it. Am I making sense? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bob