+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Headset for Convertible

I have searched the posts about the headset choices and was wondering if anybody has any experience with using them in a convertible with big wind noise? I don't know if the Jabra uses the "talk through the ear" feature but, if so, it would seem that they may be the best for this specific application.

In reading the posts, I am leaning towards the Cardo Scala 500 but don't know how the wind noise will affect it.

Regards, Steve Yarbrough (aka SLYDoggie)

I've got the Cardo Scala and a Honda S2000.....you really can't have a conversation with the top down, and people don't understand me when I speak...so, it really won't work.

What I've settled on doing is using the Cardo Scala to let me hear the phone ring, and quickly disable the headset.

There is a headset that with luck will eventually be configured for our phone - uses the jawbone to conduct the sound:

http://www.jawbone.com/

There is a pretty long thread on this site regarding BT headsets:

Bluetooth Headsets

jabra 250JT

I have tried it the JABRA 250JT and it works fair, except when I have both windows and the top on the Sebring convertible down. The only headset I have found that works is The Boom. It wasn't cheap but it works fine with the top down.

cheers

Ditto for me. I have a Defender 90 completely open and there is nothing I have found that works even remotely well. I also have another car convertible that you can barely hear with the windows up.

I have also tried the wired Shure Shurespot supposedly very good against noise and it was no better then the BT ones. I wonder if the Jawbone folks know the opportunity they are missing.

Marv

I have a bt ear piece, Bluetrek G2.

I put the windows up, and the windblocker up while conversing on the phone while driving.

I have a VW New Beetle Convertible, and the wind is bad in that car.

The windows up make a big difference when needing to talk via a headset.

I use the Logitech F0228A.
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9502

...The Logitech® Mobile Freedom™ Headset is the first Bluetooth® headset to feature Logitech´s patent-pending WindStop™ technology, so now you can enjoy clear calls even in windy conditions...