+ Reply to Thread

verizon treo 650

Sorry for the question but i┤m new here and hope anyone can help me,
    I just bought a new verizon 650 treo its still wrap in the box. i┤m plannig to get trhis phone to mexico and activate this with my cell phone number there, the company told me that there is no problem to activate my phone from verizon CDMA as log as i have the 6 digit number called SPC or MSL
    how can i get this number from the phone, uit shuld be prinbted on the box??

thank you

for your

help

Brian

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Question ESN is the number you need to activate

All serial numbers or ESN's are on both your box and under the battery on the Treo 650 itself.
    Mexico is indeed CDMA and should work fine for voice calls.
    I have no idea what the data network, if any, is like in Mexico.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Re: verizon treo 650

Originally posted by bneumann
    I just bought a new verizon 650 treo its still wrap in the box. i┤m plannig to get trhis phone to mexico and activate this with my cell phone number there, the company told me that there is no problem to activate my phone from verizon CDMA as log as i have the 6 digit number called SPC or MSL

thank you

for your

help

Brian
    Verizon has access to the MSL code and they typically do not give it out, its different for every phone and is not freely available (definitely not printed on the box). You can always try asking Verizon for it but I doubt they will give it to you unless you get a sympathetic rep. The MSL code is the code that is needed to allow you to alter/reprogram the phone, it will allow the phone to be "unlocked" from Verizon so to speak. Alternatively, you can follow the procedure here and find it yourself:

http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/028/

The procedure is for how to convert a Sprint 650 into a Verizon 650 but around step 7, it tells you how to find your MSL code so you could theoretically just follow it to that point then quit once you get the code. Try at your own risk though!!!!
    Last edited by Marty; 08-09-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Re: verizon treo 650

Originally posted by bneumann

thank you

for your

help

Brian
    Why didn't you just buy the phone in Mexico and save yourself the headache?

The Treo650 is currently on sale in Mexico, but I forgot which company is selling it (TelCel or IUSACELL).

I do know for a fact that the CDMA version of the Treo 650 works on the TelCel digital network as I use my VZW based phone in Mexico City and Guadalajara frequently.

Stalker768

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

canada as well

Am in Ontario Canada this week and my Vrz Treo 650 wrks just fine here too. Granted it is roaming but it works. I agree. Just buy one in Mexico. It is a much easier solution. Look online. I'm sure you can but one online from those companies and take it with you.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)