+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Question Any word on Agendus 10?

Has anyone come across any news on Agendus 10?
    Am looking for any news, rumors, anything at all !!! Anyone beta-testing?

I will not purchase Agendus 9 until I get a date on Agendus 10.

The only mention I read was refering to a Palm Addict story, but I could not find it.

Thx in advance.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

GREAT question - funny you ask because I was thinking of asking the same question. I've had my treo for about 2 weeks now and have been using Agendus 9. As I've described in another thread, it is by far the best PIM available in my opinion. However, there are definitely some things I'd like to see improved and I don't want to invest $$ to only find out that version 10 is out days later. I believe I only have a week or maybe two left on my trial (I guess I get 30 days, not sure).

On another note - one thing I'm trying to figure out and hoping someone can answer for me... I have Agendus Professional with Agendus Outlook. Can you set up Agendus Outlook (which also displays weather forecasts) to sync the forecasts with Agendus on your palm? I don't like having to manually update my forecast on my treo in order to keep it up to date. Such a pain - why the heck don't they have a feature like 4cast where you can set it to automatically dial in every so often so it's always up to date and not requiring you to do anything. Dial up is so slow and I'd like the program to do it for me. Anyone know of a work-around to this or is this just the way the program is? I've looked everywhere in the options and can't find a way to do it so I assume for some reason the feature doesn't exist.

The program 4cast is very cool in how it works. I have it set to dial in every 12 hours automatically. That way I never have to do anything and it usually happens when I'm not even aware of it (once around 5am and the other time 5pm). The great thing is that I always know that the weather forecast is up to date. The only reason that I won't keep the program is because I want it integrated like Agendus - I want it part of a view that I look at all the time like my daily view on Agendus rather than having to open yet another program.
    Last edited by theorangeman; 08-12-2005 at 04:22 AM.

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...extra_age.html

This is all I've seen so far. Still waiting for Iambic to make a mention of it.
    Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005

Wow, that sounds enticing! I'm definitely waiting until version 10 comes out before I buy. It may not make the improvements that I'm hoping for, but it sure sounds like it's better than version 9 with those added features.

Originally posted by theorangeman
    Wow, that sounds enticing! I'm definitely waiting until version 10 comes out before I buy. It may not make the improvements that I'm hoping for, but it sure sounds like it's better than version 9 with those added features.
    Hi,

I wrote the referenced article. iambic will upgrade you top Agendus 10 if you buy 9 now. Specifics can be found on their website.
    David

Originally posted by theorangeman
    The program 4cast is very cool in how it works. I have it set to dial in every 12 hours automatically. That way I never have to do anything and it usually happens when I'm not even aware of it (once around 5am and the other time 5pm). The great thing is that I always know that the weather forecast is up to date. The only reason that I won't keep the program is because I want it integrated like Agendus - I want it part of a view that I look at all the time like my daily view on Agendus rather than having to open yet another program.
    Thanks for your kind words.

Actually - you can use 4cast as a plugin for 2day (www.shsh.com/products) , to see today's weather with your calendar/tasks.

There is also a plugin for ZLauncher.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

Unfortunately I don't use either of those programs. I don't see the point in using 2day when there is a program like Agendus. Nonetheless, I may very well keep 4cast anyway because it works far better than the weather forecast on Agendus. Therefore, what I'll probably do is keep 4cast and go with Agendus Standard - UNLESS of course they improve the way that their weather forecast works in version 10. At any rate, 4cast is a terrific program!

where's the link?

Originally posted by dsilver
    Hi,

I wrote the referenced article. iambic will upgrade you top Agendus 10 if you buy 9 now. Specifics can be found on their website.

I have been all over Iambics website. I have not seen anything that says they will upgrade you from 9 to 10.

I could be wrong, so post a link.

What I do see is that they want you to pay $15 subscription for 1 year for an upgrade protection scheme. That is complete crap.

Hoping for some real Agendus 10 news soon. (with links please)
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Re: where's the link?

What I do see is that they want you to pay $15 subscription for 1 year for an upgrade protection scheme. That is complete crap.
    i don't mean to hijack the thread, but why is it "complete crap"?

seems like a fair thing for them to do. they're not forcing anybody to pay it - it's purely a hedging bet.

doody.

To clarify.
    I think it is complete crap because having the 1 year subscription makes it a gamble, not a definate upgrade.
    If you ordered it Aug 14th of 2004 you are S.O.L. because their is no upgrade available. Small upgrades that fix known bugs should always be free. They are everywhere else.
    If they ask me to pay $15, it should be for an upgrade to the next version when it comes available. Even if it is 1 year and 1 day from now.

The version 10 question was asked on the iambic forum a few weeks ago. It has not been answered by Iambic.

08-03-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Agendus Palm 10 Release date
    Hi, is there any sort of release date for Agendus for Palm 10? I see it as part of a promotion for Agendus Windows, which is of no use to me, as I have a Mac. I have seen no beta of Agendus 10, which makes me wonder how soon it really is due out.

Thank you.

Waiting for some info. I've gone my whole life without Agendus 9 so I can wait for 10 to come out forever as well.

JUST ANNOUNCED

Iambic just announced...

Agendus for Palm OS version 10 is Coming Soon!

We expect to launch Agendus for Palm OS version 10 very soon.
    If you purchase Agendus for Palm OS version 9 NOW, you'll receive Agendus Palm Wallpaper Vision Collection Set and the next edition of this revolutionary PIM for your handheld at no charge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that should answer one of our questions.
    Last edited by theorangeman; 08-17-2005 at 09:52 AM.

I'm definitely looking forward to the upgrade... Sounds like some new and great features!

thanks for the info

I still have 3 days left on my trial of Agendus 9.
    I like it alot. Very interactive and tons of ways to customize it.
    That said;
    I still have not seen a single link to any info on Agendus 10 release date or even Beta release date. Thus I cannot pay a dime for version 9.
    On the Iambic forum there is a few mentions of a supposed free upgrade to ver. 10 but nothing from Iambic on that info. Just speculation from what I can tell.
    I have 2 or 3 emails from Iambic talking about buying version 9 after my trial is over and none of them mention a peep about Version 10 upgrade for free. Nothing about version 10 at all.

I think I will have to let my 3 days run out and then return to the PIM search and see what else is out there.
    I have seen no incentive from Iambic anywhere to indicate I should buy version 9 now. If I did buy version 9 today i'd be merely hoping and praying I don't have to pay more money in a few months for version 10. I prefer not to gamble.

Without anything official from Iambic to this point, I will just let it run out and wait for Version 10. If I find another PIM I like better before version 10 comes out then they win my $$$ and I won't care if ver. 10 ever comes out. I have gone 32 years without Agendus, I can wait a few more months.

Maybe I'll find a better one.

The search for the best PIM continues.

Mikey - the offer is out there, as many people have it (it's not speculation it's legitimate). What I don't get is why Iambic isn't listing the offer on their website. Instead, they email it to you when your trial is about over. Perhaps they don't email everyone for some reason. Nonetheless, what I would do if I was you and were interested in the offer is just send them an email inquiring about it. I'm sure they would send you an email with the offer so you could buy it with the guarantee of a free upgrade to ver. 10.

FYI, you can get 20% off Agendus here:

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._agendus_.html
    Breadheater

---

thx for the info, I'll shoot em off an email and see what they say. Very bad idea to keep the free upgrade a secret.

I agree with you. Doesn't make very good sense for them to do that. Who in their right mind would buy verison 9 right now, knowing that ver. 10 is just around the corner, without any guarantee of a free upgrade.

Breadheater

---

Agendus 10 is now in Beta:

http://support.iambic.com/forum/foru...5&daysprune=30

I picked up Beta Build 594, and it's really rough yet. I couldn't even change categories in the memo view. Too early for me, I'm afraid.

Last edited by Breadheater; 08-28-2005 at 12:07 PM.
    Breadheater

---