+ Reply to Thread

Why can't I download Palm Desktop for the T650

Okay,

This is annoying. I am needing to re-install my Palm Desktop & hotsync software but I've lost my Verizon CD. (I think my 2 year old may have 'borrowed' it.)

I go to Palm's website, go through all the hoops to the point to download it and it says "Use your Verizon CD".

Grrrrr.

I've called Verizon and they said I needed to visit a local store and have them burn me a copy. (at least He called the local store and verified that they could and then called me back with a name and address).

I just can't understand why Palm won't put it on the website (or Verizon for that matter).

Mx

I found the software @ Palm - Software - Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for Windows However it says its version 4.1.4 while my phone says it's running 5.4.8 Is this the base install that requires the updates be installed? Can someone clarify?
    Last edited by kneadingu; 11-30-2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Found it!

The version of Palm Desktop that you found is verson 4.1.4. The version of PalmOS on your Treo is 5.4.8. Two completely different pieces of software with two different version numbers.

Let me clarify my comment... What I was referring to above was that the phone PalmOS is the operating system for the phone (i.e. Android, WebOS, WinMo, etc.), whereas the Palm Desktop is a Windows utility to sync your phone to your PC. KneadingU asked why the software version of the phone was different than the software version of Palm Desktop - and it is because the phone OS and the Palm Desktop software are just two separate pieces of software.

That being said, the latest Palm Desktop revision is available for download on Palm's website. Go to Palm's website and download Palm Desktop 6.2. It will work with your phone.