+ Reply to Thread

Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard Problem

Hi Folks,

To any of you out there who use the Palm Universal Wireless Keyoard ... maybe you can help me out with a problem. Every time I go a spell without using the keyboard and try to use it, it does not work. I've checked the keyboard application and it is "on." The only thing that seems to get things going again is a reset of the phone, then it works fine. This can not be normal. Has anyone else encountered this? And if so, what's the solution?

Thanks.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I haven't had that problem with mine. Though mine does seem to have bad battery connections. I have to wiggle the batteries around in it to get it to work sometimes. Also, when I updated my 650 to the Sprint 1.12 ROM update, the reliability of the keyboard is very bad. Repeated characters, unresponsive, many problems. I've already reported it to Sprint. Supposedly they're taking it to Palm for assistance.
    Michael

Question PalmOne Universal Wireless Keyboard

I am having the same problem with this keyboard. It works fine for about 2-3 days and then I have to re-load the driver. That really sucks. I thought at first that it may be a battery problem but it appears that all I have to do is re-load the driver and all is ok. There is nothing on the Palm support site (yeah right, what support).

If anyone can shine a light on this I would really appreciate it.

I also bought the Think Outside BT Stowaway keyboard. That is primarily what I use, although you can't use it at the same time that you are using a BT headset, so my Universal Wireless is not completely out of the picture.

I would be willing to sell it to someone here for half-price, however.