+ Reply to Thread

Searchable Contacts??

I just want to be able to search my contacts! Scrolling through the entire list to find what I want is crazy making!

I've searched the forum and looked at Agendus, Beyond Contacts and Key Suite. I have downloaded the trial version of Key Suite and synced just the contacts component. It works great, but I can't see paying $50.00 for just contacts.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

McKay

Please do not be offended because I am probably not reading your question correctly but all you want to do is locate one of your contacts without scrolling? If so, just pull up the contacts app on the 650 and then start typing the 1st or last name of the person you want to call and the Treo will pull it up.

We'll I'll be. And I'm not even a newbie in either Palm or smartphones!

Thanks for setting me straight!

*sheesh*

There's also a setting in Preferences to make keyboard typing automatically initiate a contact search. You won't need to be "in" contacts this way.

Originally posted by Peter
    There's also a setting in Preferences to make keyboard typing automatically initiate a contact search. You won't need to be "in" contacts this way.
    Where do you see this? I'm not finding it in Preferences.

Sorry ... from the dialer application --> options --> general preferences --> select "Typing starts Contacts search."

Thx this is a help. Another ? . . .

Originally posted by Peter
    Sorry ... from the dialer application --> options --> general preferences --> select "Typing starts Contacts search."
    Expidia asks: Another ? please, Does anyone one know why when I delete a contact I end up going to the last contact on my list under Z and have to go thru same process each time to delete the next record.

Is there something I've set wrong to act like this. It's quite a waste of time.

On the left shift button is a magnifying glass. Press Option - Left Shift and you'll get Find. Yeah, took me a while to notice it, too...
    Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005

OH MY GOD! That is what I have been looking for! Damn....

Well - thanks very much! I still think this contacta app is very weak and not at all intuative. *grump*

Thanks,

McKay

For those of us who like to scroll through the contacts, is there any way to make the 5-way navigator scroll a page at a time instead of a line at a time? I thinik that would be a big improvement for me...

P.S. Glad your cat is all right!

Hah! I just noticed holding down the option key while pressing the down button on the navigator scrolls a page at a time. I love answering my own questions...