+ Reply to Thread

WARNING: Sena Cases attitude toward their customers

I just wanted to let all of you know, that I bought a Sena Case for my Treo 650 and tried it out and knew immediately it wasn't going to work. I sent them a VERY NICE email asking about a return policy.

I got a very 'curt' email from a woman there that they only return things that are never used. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO TRY SOMETHING OUT IF YOU CAN'T USE IT??

I told her it was brand new and I had it for only 5 days. She replied back to me with a very condesending email saying that

QUOTE: 'By your own admission in the first e-mail, you have used the case for five days, it cannot be returned to our inventory and sold to the next customer as a new item. " ENDQUOTE.

I never USED IT FOR 5 days, I HAD IT FOR FIVE DAYS, not USED IT:

MY ORIGINAL EMAIL TO THEM: I have the original box and its like brand new (I only had it for about 5 days thus far). Please advise return situation and address. ENDQUOTE.

Where does it say I USED IT?????

Regardless, its a waste of money for me now and I wouldn't purchase a thing from them.

Re: WARNING: Sena Cases attitude toward their customers

Originally posted by CruiseLineGuy
    I never USED IT FOR 5 days, I HAD IT FOR FIVE DAYS, not USED IT:

MY ORIGINAL EMAIL TO THEM: I have the original box and its like brand new (I only had it for about 5 days thus far). Please advise return situation and address. ENDQUOTE.

Where does it say I USED IT?????
    Always a good idea to check the return policy unless you are absolutely sure you want it before purchasing. Good to know about them though. The whole idea of buying small items over the internet (sight unseen) is to avoid the hassle of going to a store. a no returns policy pretty much negates that.

As far as "used" goes, it's generally the case (no pun intended) in the US that if it's opened it can't be resold as new.

-Quick

Shoot.. this is good to know! I just bought a case from them as well, and had it on my Treo for about 24 hours. It never went anywhere, just sat on the phone. I was gonna return it, but heck.

Perhaps I will try my luck on e-bay.

McKay

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Thumbs up A rare 'case' of great customer service

I have not had to return a case, but I did break my clip on my Bellagio Horizontal
    Pouch case about a week after I got it. I rammed it into a car seat while getting in cuz I was not used to it being on my belt. 100% my fault.
    I contacted Bellagio to buy another clip and they sent an email asking for my address and sent me 2 clips for free.
    I was very pleased with the company and the case is top notch. Got it from TreoCentral store I think. Just that $5 they saved me for a clip will keep me as a customer for sure.

Good luck on a case that works for ya.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

If someone could only use their brain and make a case that holds SD cards WITHOUT smashinig them into your screen when closed.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

poor cs

I had a bad experience with them too.

I had the magnet flipper case, and supposedly you can 'ratchet' the case while it's in the belt clip, and i used to use that to make it sit horizontally or vertically. However, the glue they used to hold the male clip part (on the case) was weak, and it actually broke off only after a month of regular usage.

I sent them an email on their website but no reply.

Beware of companies that don't have a phone number on their website =( I thought that since they are well known on these sites, that they'd have good CS, but they are pretty poor at it.

m

After I told them I was an avid poster on a popular website where thousands of people turn to with relation to gadgets/phones etc, she emailed me back with a very 'unfriendly' tone to her email and said to "return it and 'they will look it over'" to determine if they can offer a refund.
    WHATEVER..... !!!!!

I'll keep the stupid thing before I go through the crap of having them 'inspect' it and then mail it back to me saying 'so sorry'.

Attitude is everything and she sure had a bad one.

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    There is nothing wrong with exposing the return (or no return) policies of manufacturers here. We all all need to know so that we can make better buying decisions with our hard earned pay.
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 08-22-2005 at 08:10 AM.
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Complaints.com . . .

Post your experience here for free. I don't know how much exposure they have yet but supposedly when someone does a search for Sena Case your complaint might come up (I've seen mine come up with certain search engines). I did this when I was hit with poor customer support for an Averatec notebook which I had to send back for repair twice and lost use of it for two months when it was only a few months old.

Here is the post I did:

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2005/june/20/16.htm

When I did this post back in June there was only one other Averatec complaint listed but now when you put in Averatec a bunch appear. Looks like it's catching on. Since the offending vendor is emailed the complaint along with the posting it should eventually be a wake-up call to their shoddy service.

Just email them your complaint and about 7-10 days later they send you a confirmation that's it's been posted on Complaints.com now. Just include the offending vendors customer service email in the body of your complaint and they send them the complaint too showing them it's been posted for all the web to see. Try and include the name of that snotty rep inorder to give her all the new fame she deserves for the company owners to see too!

It's a free service and I thought at least you have another outlet to vent besides here (I'd post the same on TreoCentral.com too)You know the old sales adage that one happy person tells 3 other people but one unhappy person tells 12. I hope this type of service takes off as the web is a great place to tell millions.

Hey, I wonder if they would accept a complaint about my wifes awful cooking

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. I'm very big into Customer Service, mainly because I'm a Sales Professional with my OWN clients to deal with. Service is what it's ALL ABOUT.

As far as your wife's cooking, I'll email her a few recipes...for a guy, I'm a pretty damn good chef!!!!!!!

Cruiselineguy - this is slightly off-topic, but do you book for cruise lines? my parents' anniversary is this year and i'd like to send them to hawaii for 5 days, but don't know the first thing about looking for a good cruise...

I sent you a PM!
    Siemans sx60, Kyocera 7165, Samsung i700, Samsung i600, Treo 600, Samsung i730, Treo 650, HP 6515, Treo 700w, CURRENT: AT&T Tilt

More on complaints.com

Originally posted by CruiseLineGuy
    I sent you a PM!
    Expidia says: CruiseLineGuy, go to complaints.com and type in Carnival Cruise Line.

I did and it came up with 3 pages of complaints. Looks to me this site is catching on where one can vent their frustrations.

Lightbulb ask and you shall receive

Originally posted by mikeyis009
    If someone could only use their brain and make a case that holds SD cards WITHOUT smashinig them into your screen when closed.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...-25--322-2.htm