+ Reply to Thread

Thinking of selling my Treo

I know - I'm a very fickle phone person. Out of incredible good fortune I ended up with the two best phones I could have hoped for. The Treo 650 and the Motorola e815. I find myself switching back and forth alot but I can't just do it online because they won't do that with an EV-DO phone.

The treo is too big in my pocket and I worry about the screen. I have to have a phone in my pocket at work for 911 calls (I run a homeless shelter). My last phone died when someone knocked it out of my hand and it landed on our concrete floor. Now when I use the Treo I keep it in a silicon skin and in a pouch on my belt. That drives me nuts.

My home is in an extended network area and the signal is not the best. The Treo drops calls often while the Motorola never loses the signal.

I can use the Motorola to listen to mp3's, watch dvd movies (albeit much smaller) and calendar functions. I can use bluetooth to get on the net with my laptop at 1x speeds without extra charges. I don't have to pay more per kilobyte to get my mms messages (pix and flix of my grandbabies ).

I even found a way to use the Motorola as a modem for the Treo using bluetooth and reverse dial-up networking (admittedly, it's a very finicky connection).

The Treo is a wonderful phone for a gadget geek like me. I love the idea of everything I need in this one small package. However, in practice I find too much can be too much. I'm not trying to start a flame war - I would just like a few honest opinions. Kim

How much are you thinking of asking ?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

I would put it up on ebay.