+ Reply to Thread

Nice cosmetic touch trick . . .

It bothered me that the Treo is silver gray and my SD card was "blue". I didn't want to spring for a new one in black so I took a (permanent) black magic marker and touched up the exposed edge and about an 1/8 inch around the sides of that same edge since the card sits a smidgen out of the top of the device.

Popped it back in and now it's really smarter looking as it matches the infrared window it sits besides along with the black top of the combo pen Treo stylus.

Don't know how long it will stay on yet wear-wise, but if it rubs off too soon (like on clothes, but I doubt it will) I'll just do it again and seal it on this time with a light coat of clear nail polish.

Maybe someone has already come up with this idea here, I dunno! But thought I'd pass this tip along if your card is a colored one
    Last edited by Expidia; 08-28-2005 at 04:28 PM.

Hmmmm.... that is a good idea....

Re: Nice cosmetic touch trick . . .

I did this using a "sharpie" when I got my Treo. Yes it wears off in time (mine is about gone, 2 months later), but is easy enough to reapply.

I thought about using model paint, but never got around to it.

-BB

"Card out" warning program . . .

I posted this over on Treo Central also and a poster came back with this free download that warns you when your card is out or partially ejected by error:

http://www.byteswapped.com/palm/

It's great so you don't forget it's out of the Treo like when you leave your card in a reader.
    Last edited by Expidia; 08-26-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Applied clear nail polish over . . .

Since another poster said the black magic marker wears off in two months I swiped over the now blackened edge with the clear nail polish today.

Looks good. Kinda looks like a farrari without the wheeels now

Ah, see I took the easy route.. Buy a SanDisk Ultra 2, it's black to start with!

I do have a question, I haven't seen the pen stylus, where can I find one?

Bear

Stylus ?

Originally posted by Bear
    Ah, see I took the easy route.. Buy a SanDisk Ultra 2, it's black to start with!

I do have a question, I haven't seen the pen stylus, where can I find one?

Bear
    Expidia: a 3 pack is about $12- they are great!

I got mine from danscellphones@.com.

Just email him for a price. He's prob around $5-6.

I don't know what he charged me because since I neeeded all new access. coning from the 7135 he gave me a package deal price.

Or just do a search in google for "Treo 650 combo pen stylus"

Here is what they look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38334

but search around. Don't pay $6 shipping.

They are the exact same size as the OEM one.
    Last edited by Expidia; 08-27-2005 at 11:36 PM.

Re: "Card out" warning program . . .

Originally posted by Expidia
    I posted this over on Treo Central also and a poster came back with this free download that warns you when your card is out or partially ejected by error:

http://www.byteswapped.com/palm/

It's great so you don't forget it's out of the Treo like when you leave your card in a reader.
    Sure wish you'd a wrote this a week ago. Dropped my 650 on the apparatus floor at the fire station and it got stepped on and soaked, then runned over by a 18 ton ladder truck. Needless to say I'm in the market. Unfortunately I'll have to replace my 1gig with a 2gig. Lemonade from lemons!

Re: Re: "Card out" warning program . . .

Originally posted by Firepole803
    Sure wish you'd a wrote this a week ago. Dropped my 650 on the apparatus floor at the fire station and it got stepped on and soaked, then runned over by a 18 ton ladder truck. Needless to say I'm in the market. Unfortunately I'll have to replace my 1gig with a 2gig. Lemonade from lemons!
    Expidia says:

That's too bad, tuff break Well at least you can pick up a "black" card now.

In anycase don't know how me posting this a week ago would have saved your Treo from it's untimely demise as you suggest?

And by the way thanks for doing what you do as a fireman. It takes Big B*lls . . . IMO
    Last edited by Expidia; 08-28-2005 at 10:28 AM.

Re: Re: Re: "Card out" warning program . . .

Expidia says:

That's too bad, tuff break Well at least you can pick up a "black" card now.

In anycase don't know how me posting this a week ago would have saved your Treo from it's untimely demise as you suggest?

And by the way thanks for doing what you do as a fireman. It takes Big B*lls . . . IMO
    Sorry, my bad. Since we were talking SD cards I assumed the "it" in my paragraph referred to the SD card, though on rereading it I can see where the confusion came from. I meant I dropped the 650 and left the card behind. And you're welcome! I like it so much I can't believe they pay me for it, but I take the dough anyway!

Fully Undaunted
    I agree, there is nothing better than firefighting. Except getting paid to fight fires! One word of advice, when your shift starts put you 650 in your locker, and put your CHEAP SECOND phone on your hip! I have replaced many cheap phones and pagers from damage, poped off my belt when I pulled on my bunkers, ran over by truck (you know what I mean). But when I get back my 650 is still in my locker, safe and sound. Just a thought, be safe, be blessed.
    ( I LOVE THE SOUND OF A FEDERAL Q IN THE MORNING!!!!)
    Oh... what a tangled web we weave!!

Originally posted by Wolfee
    I agree, there is nothing better than firefighting. Except getting paid to fight fires! One word of advice, when your shift starts put you 650 in your locker, and put your CHEAP SECOND phone on your hip! I have replaced many cheap phones and pagers from damage, poped off my belt when I pulled on my bunkers, ran over by truck (you know what I mean). But when I get back my 650 is still in my locker, safe and sound. Just a thought, be safe, be blessed.
    ( I LOVE THE SOUND OF A FEDERAL Q IN THE MORNING!!!!)
    I guess we're off topic, the moderator police are pulling up behind us with flashing lights! Anyway, I got the card back (one of the fireguys found it) and I don't know if the files are corrupt, or the card. I offloaded the files, reformatted, and reloaded the files, but I'm having file probs. I'm trying to use the card without any files, DL'ed some podcasts, and seems to be working in Pocket tunes. More tweaking, I thought computers were designed to make your life easier, but I guess everyone here knows better

Re: Nice cosmetic touch trick . . .

It bothered me that the Treo is silver gray and my SD card was "blue". I didn't want to spring for a new one in black so I took a (permanent) black magic marker and touched up the exposed edge and about an 1/8 inch around the sides of that same edge since the card sits a smidgen out of the top of the device.
    Yep, that's a great trick. I have been doing that since I got my Treo 600 a long time ago. And this reminds me... it's time to apply a new coat of marker again
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Hi Robert K . . .

I should have followed you over to the Treo when you left the 7135 forum. I remember when you left how the 7135'ers couldn't believe you were going over to the "dark side"!

The 600 didn't have enough for me to move back then, but this 650 rocks

Try a light coating of clear nail polish over the marker, it should last for a longer time.
    Palm III, V>6035>7135>6035>650>700p>755p (on Vzn), Palm's BT Treo Hdset,

Re: Hi Robert K . . .

Try a light coating of clear nail polish over the marker, it should last for a longer time.
    That's a good idea
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)