+ Reply to Thread

Angry Overclocking to fix phone lag on Verizon Treo 650

Hi

I'm really frustrated by the slow load of the phone portion of the Treo - especially if you are moving from something heavy (like Versa Mail) to the phone - which I most often do. I've read through some of the discussions on different overclocking utilities. Some of them are fairly old though and I noticed that at least one utility out there has some vendor-related issues.

So, I'd like to refresh the discussion a bit and ask if anyone who uses Verizon has applied an overclocking app successfully?

I want to fix this now, as well as keep pressuring PalmOne to resolve it. Any word from them on a fix?

Thanks!

Very odd. I experience no lag - I mean it's instantaneous and don't use any overclocking. Maybe you have a bad phone??

The only time I experience "lag" is if I go to dial number and it happens that a data transmittal is in progress. In those cases it sometimes will take up to 5 secs for the data is interupted and the voice connection kicks in.

Yeah, mine is very differnet. It's like a screen refresh/load thing. It used to be instant, but I've noticed an increasing frequency and length. As I said, I see it most often moving from more intensive apps like VersaMail, browser or such. The screen will be white for a long time. It also seems worse later in the day, maybe. Hard to say.

I thought this was common, from the other threads I'd seen. I do have an update from Verizon that I need to apply. Scared to, but it seems necessary. Maybe that will get'r done.