+ Reply to Thread

Exchanging Data with Treo 650 and Servers

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Treo 650 can work with a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). I was reading and saw that there's supposed to be a thing called Blackberry Connect that would do that but I can't find a launch date for that.

If not, does anyone know what would be the best way to get the Treo 650 to exchange data with a MS Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server? I read that the Treo 650 came with some kind of ActiveSync but it didn't work with 2000, just 2003. I also came by a thing called Goodlink and it seemed to be the best thing out there.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insights? Thanks.

Are you looking for just email access? Goodlink is an option, but not for personal use because it needs to be setup on the server. There is redirector software typically available from your cell carrier. The redirector software requires your work PC to remain on with a special application running. That application will communicate with the corresponding application on your Treo to retrieve your work email. It's not the ideal solution for everyone though.

I don't know what happened to the Blackberry Connect software. Last I heard it seemed to be almost done, but I haven't heard anything for months now. Maybe because of the stuff going on with RIM lately, it has been delayed with no launch date set.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

I think the main thing would be email. Is goodlink the best thing to do that with a MS Exchange 2000 server?

What you use also depends on what access there is to the Exchange server from outside your company network. You might be able to use an IMAP email client like Snappermail or Chatteremail if the server is accessible.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)