+ Reply to Thread

SMS freakishness

short and sweet:

when I text (212) 222-1122 (not my area code) it also goes to (81 222-1122 (my area code). both people receive the message.

I *want* it to go only to the (212) area code, not the number in my local area code.

I AM typing the area code in the to: box.

vzw, geniuses that they are, can't help, and are charging me for the extra messages.

the girl incorrectly getting the messages seems very nice, but I'd like to get it stopped. any help?

thanks.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    Sorry I can't help. Am gonna pile onto this one too.
    I too have one friend that i sms occasionly in NC (704) and someone in my area code (951) gets it 50% of the time. They may get it all the time and just ignore me now.
    Verizon had no help.
    It happens only on this 1 person that i SMS.
    It's pretty annoying.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

They could always block SMS's coming from your number. It's done through Verizons web site, and its no charge... They just have to set up a account on the text messaging portion of Verizon's site www.vtext.com
    Last edited by Billman; 09-07-2005 at 09:02 AM.
    Billman
    Colorado

Did I say that, or just think it?

Angry

Yep, I've been having the same issue with multiple people. My problem is that the people that are getting the messages aren't the friendliest in the world. I sat on the phone w/VZW yesterday for an hour while they tried to figure this out. They said "we've never seen this issue before." Bastards...