+ Reply to Thread

Versa mail, Verizon and Time Warner . . .

I could only get Versa Mail to receive Email. But can't send. Time Warner is not even a choice on the ISP lists so had to choose "other". Found out from Verizon that in order to send email if you use Time Warner one needs to use Verizon's servers for outgoing. . . .

Set up incoming server as you normally would when setting up an Email account on outlook. Use those same settings, user name, password etc
    But for outgoing mail server use: smtp.vzwmail.net
    click next>advanced>next again
    Incoming server page says port 110, both blocks unchecked
    next
    Outgoing server settings
    check box "use auth. . . . (ESMTP)".
    username= your 10 digit mobile number xxxxxxxxxx@vzwmail.net

You will need to first setup a "Vtext account at www.vtext.com, this is the same account you need to use text messaging anyway. This is the password you need to enter
    Click done.

First time it takes up to 24 hours for the server to recognize this new account.
    So try and send a message the next day.
    Mine worked and I spent hours with various Verizon tech support people until I found one that was knowledgeable with this process to finally solve this issue.

Just keep hanging up on them and calling back until you find one thats knows about these issues. Many times they don't speak our second language "English" here in the U.S. so hang up on them too!

Now I can delete the free 15 day trial snapper mail download which I couldn't get it to work either setting wise. For their rip off $49.95 premier edition I was very happy not to have to pay for this now that Versa Mail works fine now using Verizon's server to send email and Time Warners to receive.

For $300 for the phone and $45 a month for unlimited data I don't think I should have to pay for a program to use for email. They should work with you to get the included program to work with any email server. I didn't mind having to buy the $35 PDA net program (the 7135 included a modem program on their CD) because not everyone uses the Treo for a modem with their laptop and PDAnet is an excellent program which installs flawlessly.

Even though sending and receiving text messages cost extra with the Vtext service (even if you have an unlimited data plan) there is no charge for using that server to send mail from your 650.

I even just sent a picture attachment that I took with the phone to someone with the Versa Mail app. But I'm going to send one to myself to see if it sent the pic too.

Hope this helps anyone who is having the same "can't send issues" when using Time Warner's Road Runner account and a Verizon 650 through Versa Mail.
    Last edited by Expidia; 10-07-2005 at 07:50 PM.
    Palm III, V>6035>7135>6035>650>700p>755p (on Vzn), Palm's BT Treo Hdset,

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    The SnapperMail web site has the solution that you spent hours figuring out. It's located here -> FAQ #11 <- and here -> Verizon SMTP. Had you spent any time looking for it, or simply Emailed "support@snappermail.com", you could have easily resolved the issue with SnapperMail.

Many SnapperMail users, including myself, think the price (which is similar to a monthly charge, but it's only a one-time fee) is cheap for the email client with the best user experience. In the end, use what suits you.
    Michael

Originally posted by SilvrDrgn
    The SnapperMail web site has the solution that you spent hours figuring out. It's located here -> FAQ #11 <- and here -> Verizon SMTP. Had you spent any time looking for it, or simply Emailed "support@snappermail.com", you could have easily resolved the issue with SnapperMail.

Many SnapperMail users, including myself, think the price (which is similar to a monthly charge, but it's only a one-time fee) is cheap for the email client with the best user experience. In the end, use what suits you.
    Expidia: you are correct, I did not bother spending any time looking for it. Not should I have to considering the price they charge for it one time or not.

For my money I prefer to spend it on products like Microsoft makes as they are sooo user friendly. If Microsoft made Snappermail it probably would have configured AUTOMATICALLY and not having to search around for fixes!

To me Bill Gates is a GOD and has made all are lives so much better!

In any case, Verizon got the free VersaMail program working as it should and it's free and fine for my needs for now.

But I do appreciate your input even as snippy as it was . . thus my accolades to Bill Gates. . . Go Gates!
    Palm III, V>6035>7135>6035>650>700p>755p (on Vzn), Palm's BT Treo Hdset,