+ Reply to Thread

Question Vibrate ...Then Ring...For Treo 650

Can someone help me as to allow my 650 to first vibrate for a few seconds, then ring until it goes to voice mail. I am a 7135 convert and had that feature. I would like to have an opportunity to turn off the ringer (top of phone) so not to disturb.

I have a Verizon unit.

Just seems like this feature is not available....HELP

I believe either Butler or Phone Technician may be able to provide what you want.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Thanks Alex_Mathews...by your response there is nothing as you know, "built-in" that will do it, correct?

Originally posted by Ohaness
    Thanks Alex_Mathews...by your response there is nothing as you know, "built-in" that will do it, correct?
    Correct.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

After noising around (Google), I followed someones suggestion and sent one of my ringtones to my PC and editied with a MIDI editor to put 4 seconds of silence at the beginning and resent to the 650 a new MIDI to allow the vibrate to alert me so I can silence the ringer when it starts after the 4 seconds...very slick solution.

That's certainly a solution if you know how to edit a midi ringtone.
    www.treobits.com

New convert, also from the 7135.

The edited file method (adding space to the top of the tone) is the only way I've found for having the vibrate function kick in first, and it's a bit of a pain, as the ringtone will also loop the slience, unless you write the file to have a certain number of rings (my phone usually times out ~ ring 5 or so).

The kicker is that it IS possible to use .WAV files natively as ringtones, so for those of us still clutching onto ringtone #5 from the Kyo 6035 for dear life, new hope has sprung anew with the 650. You can find the instructions at the bottom of the page here... http://mytreo.net/treofaq/RingtonesHelp.

I'm newer than you are to this nifty little beastie, but I'd be happy to poke my nosearound a bit more if you've got other questions!