+ Reply to Thread

About to make a switch to Treo, but I have a Q first

I am using the I500 and imply have to make a switch now to get real messaging.

I am looking at the Treo 650, but my concern is once I buy the 650 it is going to be replaced by a new model.

Is there any new or real expectation of a replacement model comming out any time soon for the 650?

I don't have all the inside dirt that others may have, but this is a quandry that you will always face. There's no phone on the market that won't have a successor from the same or another company announced in the near future. Such is progress.

Don't worry about having the latest model. Ask yourself what you intend to use it for, now and in the forseeable future. Research your options and choose the the product that best fits your needs. Even if a bigger and better model is announced in a month, you'll still have a device that does what you need it to do.

I can agree with that, but if a newer treo is on the horizon n the new few months, then it makes sense to wait.

I am just wondering if I should wait until the end of the year to see what comes out.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Talking Treo 650 is the best out

TheTreo 650 is hot as hell for every provider. Putting out a new one so soon makes no sense. I've heard of no successor pre 2006.
    Last edited by mikeyis009; 09-15-2005 at 01:19 AM.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

There is no PalmOS-based Treo successor due for quite some time so I'd say you are pretty safe. A Windows Mobile Treo may pop up sometime in the Spring/Summer 2006 but those are just rumors at best. As a previous poster suggested, if you try and play the waiting game, you will never purchase because there is always some new device right around the corner. If the device you want to upgrade to will suit your needs, then by all means, get it and don't look back. The Treo 650, with the exception of its size in comparison to the I500, represents a substantial upgrade in just about every area so I think you will like it a lot.

Fair enough. Thanks for all the help everyone.

mattr2

I see you sell technology computer products. I do also but in a different field.

I have customers that ask your question, and then make excuses why they are not buying as they want to wait. Some have waited so long, that 2 generations of product has come and gone and they still have not bought. And the life cycle of my products are 5-6 years, not MONTHS.

I agree that waiting when something is right around the corner may be a good idea, but many new products have bugs that need to be worked out. The Treo is now pretty mature along with many 3rd party programs written just for Treo.

I am happy with mine, and I too procrastinated because I saw that the Samsung I730 was coming out. After it finally came out, I was reading of different problems with it, and I also did not like Pocket PC format compared to Palm. (I even bought a Dell Axim X30 to learn Pocket PC). I wanted wireless which is really why I waited. And in the end, I gave up on wireless to get the Treo.

Life is full of compromises. Go buy the Treo. If that new one comes down the pike, you usually can get half your money back on Ebay. But then jump in right away. I was watching Ebay on the 7135 and the prices were fetching about $250 late in the game. Then once Verizon had plenty of Treos available and the Samsung came out, the priced nose dived.

Good luck.