+ Reply to Thread

how do i get a pdf (or any file) to my treo?

I can't find the answer to this, and I know it must be simple!

I have an excel file of the roster of my kid's soccer team. It has all the names and phone numbers. I want to keep it on the treo.

I know it can't real xls files, but I can convert it to a pdf, and there is acrobat reader on the treo. Question is, how to get it to the treo, and once its there, where do i save it. There is no file manager like utility.

I do have a SD card that I copy music to, but real player knows where to find music files.

When I open acrobat reader, there is no 'file|open' menu.

Thanks in advance.

Download Adobe for Palm. There's a file that gets installed on the handheld and a
    Desktop problme that converts and transfers files to the handheld.

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...305-PalmOS.exe

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Thumbs up Office for Palm

There are a lot of choices here. I use Docs to go. www.dataviz.com

Quick Office has a suite too:
    www.quickoffice.com

They can do most everything that u can do with Office on our pc.

Enjoy your toy!
    Last edited by mikeyis009; 09-15-2005 at 11:40 PM.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

i-aim, maybe i am missing something. My treo already has adobe reader on it. Came with it from vzw. The question I have is that i don't know how to get a file that somebody emailed me (cuurrently sitting on my desktop) onto the palm. thanks.

From what I see you have to sync the adobe file to the Treo. I wanted to be able to read e mail attachments that I receive directly to the phone but as far as I see, I don't think you can do it.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    There are no applications on PalmOS (except for Piscel Viewer which is included with certain Sony Clie' models and not available for individual sale) which can display PDF files in their native format. All available software, even Adobe's own software, requires converting the PDF to a PDB file for hotsyncing into the handheld.

Since you have a spreadsheet, get QuickOffice Premier or DocsToGo. You can use either one of those to open the Excel file in native format on the handheld.
    Michael

silvrdrgn, thanks. actually, i found that i had a free copy of docstogo from vzw on the supplemental cd. so i installed that and moved the excel file over! voila. works great. however, i tried moving the pdf over, but no such luck. i don't understand why there is a pdf viewer that doesn't show pdfs. I thought the whole idea of pdf was Portable Document Format, and that a pdf was a pdf

OK, let me spell it out for you because you're not grasping the concept
    Install the software from adobe's website as I orignally indicated.
    It will install a program that resides on your computer. It's called Adobe Reader for Palm OS.
    You drag your pdf files from your computer to the program and it will copy and convert them to palm pdf files to be uploaded on next hotsync.
    On your next hotsync, it will transfer the files to your treo.
    Then, you can turn on the treo.
    Gently press the silver button with the picture of the house on it for approximately .28 seconds.
    Launch adobe reader and choose a pdf file to use.

If you had documents to go, it's the same process to load and transfer files.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Smile Ask and you shall receive

Native Adobe PDF Support for Palm OS Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:47 pm
    At next week's 2005 CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment show, DataViz will be demonstrating its native Adobe PDF support for Palm OS. Later this fall, DataViz will be adding native support into Documents To Go.

Native PDF technology will include support for embedded graphics, tables, multiple zoom levels, page layout and word wrap views to provide a desktop-quality view of PDF files on Treo smartphones and other popular Palm OS devices. In addition, no desktop application or pre-processing of files is required before the file can be viewed on the mobile device. For instance, customers who receive PDF files as e-mail attachments can easily view them right on their mobile device.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)