+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Driving Directions from Mapquest (or similar)

Hi All,

I have what MUST be a very basic question.

On a Treo 650 with data/web access, how do you get driving directions like you get from Mapquest?

I'd like to enter the from address and the to address and get driving directions.

I know it's possible to go to regular sites like Mapquest.com, but is there something quicker and more suitable for the Treo?

Tired of being lost,

Lynn

Thank you for the link!

I KNEW they must have something like that but couldn't find it for the life of me!

if you are on your desktop prior to your trip, and create a trip with mapquest, you can send it to you treo. Once you create the trip, there is a link that says PDA. This uses avantgos portal. It sends your itenarary there. When you do a sync, it moves your trip to the treo. avantgo is freeware, but clutterware. Many ads.

I find that I usually check out a trip ahead of time on the PC, so sending it over works well.

The mapquest/pda link is great when you are in the car and don't have any directions.

If only the treo could read the directions to you...

I use Avantgo as well, but with the large number of channels I have, I prefer to not have to sync just to get MapQuest directions on the phone, which is usually just before I am ready to head out.