+ Reply to Thread

7135 Stereo Headphones with 650?

I have tried to use the stereo headphones/microphone that I purchased for my 7135 -it was the OEM Kyocera headset that they sell on their website. I attempted to use it with the 650, but I'm finding that I am not getting stereo but just the right channel through both earbuds. I don't know if its the phone or that the headset is incompatable with the 650. The headset seems fine with the 7135.

Anyone else try this and have the same experience? Did Kyocera create a proprietary headset....geeze!

Not compatible. They use a different configuration.
    Sandy Wagner

Thanks for the info...makes sense!

Mine work fine

I have 7135 OEM stereo headphones bought directly from Kyocera (Kyocera website) that I bought to use for listening to music.

I was suprised because on the Kyocera, phone calls were mono, but on the Treo 650 the calls are LOUD and clear in both ears.

Much louder than the phone is.

Kyo stereo headphones will work in stereo with 650. Simply wrap the control button with tape WHILE depressing it so it remains depressed. You now have stereo.

BSKRTZ,

Can you explain more? I do nothing and the headphones work great in stereo

If you had the same oem stereo headphones I had (have) for the kyo 7135, try depressing the call activation button on the cord while a song is playing. You should hear a noticable difference. That difference is actually stereo vs. mono.

Okay I understand.

On the Kyocera, a phone call only comes through on one earphone.

It comes through both speakers on the Treo 650.

What you are saying, and I will verify this later, is that while the music comes through both earphones, only with the button depressed is it actually in stereo?

Depress button equals stereo. When * call comes in you will have to answer It via the phone. The call will be heard on your headset.

will this work with an adaptor that lets you use standard earphones, or does it only work with the kyocera branded earphones? I'll have to dig up my old adapter and give this a try. My adapter had the built in button and mic