+ Reply to Thread

SnapperMail - Auto Delivery

I use SnapperMail, and the auto delivery feature does not seem to work with my Treo. manual delivery works fine, so I know that my individual email settings , passwords etc. are fine.

When I check the log, it says that my phone is off, - which it is not. I know that the screen goes dark to save the battery, but the green loght strobes so I know the phone is on.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

PS - never had this problem with my 7135!! Too bad it's no longer supported by Verizon.

Also, how do I set/store one button speed dial? (ie: press & hold a key to dial).

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    While the main screen of SnapperMail is displayed (just the list of messages), type "bug" on the keyboard without the quotes. That will bring up the Hidden Preferences window (when you type the "g" key). Activate the "Ignore power-on state" checkbox and tap OK. Should resolve the issue, but it will have the side-effect of SnapperMail interrupting whatever you are going in order to do a retrieve.

I'm not sure about the speed dial.
    Michael

Amazing! How did you know that?

OK, so I typed bug as directed, and got the hidden screen. Just so I'm clear, is that ignore box supposed to be "checked" or not? (It had a check mark in it when I opened it up)

doesnt snapper need to be in RAM asofor auto-delivery to work? that is how i made it work for me, imoved it from the card to the RAM and now it works.

How do I move it to RAM?

Thank you all for your help.

I contacted Snapper to see if they had a solution. It seems as though the version I had did not support the new workings of the 650. They suggested that I upgrade to the updated software.

Being that email is very important to me, I bit the bullet and paid the vig.

It now seems to work fine.
    Last edited by SmartDevil; 09-22-2005 at 02:52 PM.

Originally posted by SmartDevil
    Amazing! How did you know that?
    I work part time on the official SnapperMail support team.

OK, so I typed bug as directed, and got the hidden screen. Just so I'm clear, is that ignore box supposed to be "checked" or not? (It had a check mark in it when I opened it up)
    It should not be checked unless you have the problem where SnapperMail thinks the phone is off. If that problem is present, then the option should be checked.

I see in your latest post that you upgraded to version 2.x. It's correct that v1.x autodelivery does not work on the Treo 650.
    Michael

installing snapper

I have checked the forum and not found answers on how to install SnapperMail and delete VersaMail:

1. Do I first delete VersaMail? There appears to be two entries when I go to 'Info'.
    2. Is Snapper Mail a larger file than VersaMail?
    3. Can I load all of SnapperMail on my card instead of on the Treo?

Sorry if these questions can be found elsewhere...
    By the way I have a Treo 650.

Much thanks!

VersaMail cannot be deleted unless you hack the ROM of the device. It is in ROM, so it's not taking any of your usable memory space anyway if you haven't configured it.

You install SnapperMail by hotsyncing the PRC file from your computer to your handheld just like you do any other Palm application. There are four editions of SnapperMail - Lite, Standard, Premier, and Enterprise. The higher the edition you get, the more memory it will take.

SnapperMail can be run from the card, but it's not recommended. Features like auto-fetch and sending Emails from other Palm applications through SnapperMail won't work when you have it loaded on the card. That's a limitation of PalmOS, not SnapperMail.
    Michael