+ Reply to Thread

Thread: streaming radio

streaming radio

anyone know if it can work ? any sites for this? if mobitv works, this should be even easier for the treo.

Talking streaming audio

using pturnes deluxe 3.1 or higher. you can stream audio through shoutcast. some of the lesser choosen stations seem to need less buffering. like sky 80's does pretty well.

Thanks. Is shoutcast a website? sorry I am new to some of this.

Yes, shoutcast is both a website and a type of streaming audio. It's basically streaming mp3, but song information is also provided along with the actual stream.

At TreoBits, we have a mobile friendly listing from shoutcast.com and radioio.com. Check it out.

http://mobile.treobits.com under the Internet Radio category.

You can purchase Pocket Tunes Deluxe here.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

i am unable to get Pocket Tunes to launch once I download the playlist from shoutcase. How can I fix this? I am using a Sprint 650 and I can download the playlist through Blazer and I select "Save and Open" .

Does pTunes need to be in internal memory for Blazer to recognize its there to paly the file?

i moved pTunes to the internal ram and it worked.

Holy Smoke... That is very slick...thanks for that tip! !

Originally posted by alex_mathews
    Yes, shoutcast is both a website and a type of streaming audio. It's basically streaming mp3, but song information is also provided along with the actual stream.

At TreoBits, we have a mobile friendly listing from shoutcast.com and radioio.com. Check it out.

http://mobile.treobits.com under the Internet Radio category.

You can purchase Pocket Tunes Deluxe here.
    Hey alex_mathews thanks for posting this link! The radio stations on Shoutcast are hit and miss, but these stations work very well.

Russell
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 10-23-2005 at 08:46 PM.
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.