+ Reply to Thread

Video Clips made from 650

How do you view them outside of the treo?

For when you email them or copy them to desktop pc's.

So far:

Real player
    Divx
    and Media player 10

Are all no goes any suggestions?

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    I use Real Player version 10.5

Just ran a video I took from the Football Hall of Fame. Works fine.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

so a video clip you took from the treo played in real player 10.5?

yes. That is the only player I have found that will play the Treo650 videos. I'm sure there are more but I didn't care after it worked in Real Player. I have seen conversion programs that can make it into an AVI or MPEG but I didn;t care about that either since they play in the free version of Real Player.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

At least on Macs, the video files also plays fine on the (free) Quicktime Player, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and ffmpegX.

In case you're having trouble finding the files on your PC, the still and video files transfer to your PC whenever you do a normal Hotsync (assuming you haven't monkeyed with your "Media' conduit.) Do a search on your computer for the file under the same name it has on the Treo.

I use the pocket media player (TPMP) to play my videos that are stored on my storage card no problem.

I have to checkout the real player you mentioned. Finally.

Its supposed to catch video clips from their live action footage but Idon't know if it does now.
    "Apology accepted Captain Needa..." Darth Vader

How do you send them via the treo to another phone?
    esmass:p

The quicktime that is on the cd is compatible with windows.
    Just install the apple quicktime on your windows pc to view the videos from the phone.

again How do you send them via the treo to another phone?

Thumbs down More Palm software shortcomings ....

I don't think the current MMS software supports that. As usual, you will prolly need a 3rd party solution. I'm glad to see Palm OS dying.
    Last edited by mikeyis009; 09-29-2005 at 06:15 PM.

how do you send video to the computer. I tried to attach it to an adress and it does not show up as an attachment? so I don't know how to do it. Can someone give me step by step. I have a verizonwireless phone

Is it that hard? Please anybody?

SD card reader

It's simple and it take 15 seconds to pull it off your SD card to your desktop.

I called Verizon and got online with the Data Tech. He was very helpful and insightful. I was able to send my video via versamail to all my accounts but Yahoo I don't know why it would not recognize the attachement in Yahoo but on my service it didn't. The only thing I don't like is that we can't send video via the MMS to another phone. This does not make sense to me but any who it works and I can view it with realplayer and with quicktime. Nice video not bad for a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by esmass
    The only thing I don't like is that we can't send video via the MMS to another phone.
    Yeah, that is a bummer. However, from the "Camera" you can select a video then select the email button. That will automatically take you to Versamail with the video already attached. Just make sure you've setup Versamail as your default mail application. (Prefs - General - Default Apps)

the file type is .3g2 if you are doin a search on your computer. I did notice that if you are using osx it saves it to your movies folder under palmone videos which is real nice. Also found out that if any of you use myspace that it is a video format that is supported, but there is no software to keep you from posting stupid videos of stuff that nobody wants to see and you will regret later.

I have also just realized that if someone that does not have a treo phone sends you a video you can't view it - it goes straight to the verizonpix website. The only way is if they send it as an attachment thru their computer to an account set up on your versamail. What a waste of time! PALM needs to get their act together. Don't provide software that needs so many loopholes to jump thru.