+ Reply to Thread

Dumping Versamail

Anyone know how to remove Versamail? Mine started to reset my Treo anytime I attempted to open it. After fiddling with the fixes, I have decided to get rid of it and go to Snapper or Chatter. Can I completely remove Versamail? I have the option in the Delete catagory in the Menu.

Just removed it using the delete feature in the main menu set. There were two different files, both named "Versamail." One was 900+K and the other was like 18K. Haven't had a problem after removing them. Think that should be all you need to do.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    Versamail blows. I use InBox to Go from DataViz. It is not all flashy and I can only send email from a Hotsync, but I can store my attachments directly to the SD card. That's the best part. They have a wireless version but I havn't tried it.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

email I got back from Palm tech support on VersaMail.

Dear Michael:

Thank you for contacting palmOne Technical Support. This is Rolando and I will be assisting your email with regard to your Versamailâ„¢ attachment to sync to your expansion card.

Michael, I am so glad to hear from you! With regard to your issue, I am very sorry that with Versamail 3.0, you cannot sync your attachments to your SD card.
    We hope this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you very shortly. Please take time to provide us with your feedback about this support experience, as it will help us in our on-going effort to continually improve our services.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://kb.palmone.com

To learn more about palmOne handhelds, please visit our support web site at:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/

Thank you for choosing palmOne.

Sincerely,

Rolando

palmOne Technical Support
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I recommend SnapperMail. I'm biased since I work for them part time on their official support team.
    Michael

Another option one might look at is Chatteremail. It works very well and the new version 1.1 came out today.

Try roadsync from Dataviz - its been working well - much better than versamail

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    Unfortunately, If microsoft exchange (via webmail) is your only mobile connection to your work email- There are no other choices with a Treo but Versamail.
    I have found myself using my wifes Motorola Razor bluetooth connection to an IPAQ to get webmail lately as the Treo Versamail combo blows up frequently!
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

I also had no luck with versamail and deleted it (VZW).

Snapper fits the bill very nicely though.

Won't it be nice when the Treo 700w hits the shelves. We can stop buying 3rd party software to do something on the best smartphone out as basic as get email.

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    I don't know about that as I've always thought that the Microsoft PDA OS systems were a lot more buggy than Palm (until this new NVFS at least)- The Combo of not ready for prime time hardware and Gates's beta software... I don't know about that!
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Snappermail all the way

Tried Versamail and was soon tired of problems. I use Snappermail and have no plans to change. Tried a windows based phone for a few weeks and had more problems and less options than with a Palm Based. I don't plan on changing until I have to.

Gino

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I have tried Windows based handhelds. Riddled with bugs, and their software options are nowhere near what's available on PalmOS.
    Michael

Try using Aileron Mail – the mobile email solution can be used to manage mailboxes that are accessible via: IMAP4 and POP3 (with or without SSL), portals like Hotmail, MSN, AOL, GMail, Yahoo, as well as Microsoft Exchange based mailboxes that are accessible via Outlook Web Access. A no-cost no-obligation evaluation is available.

I invite you to experience Aileron Mail. If you have questions, you can always meet me on-line for interactive chat between 7am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday, at www.corsoft.com.

Re: Snappermail all the way

Originally posted by ginoharden
    Tried Versamail and was soon tired of problems. I use Snappermail and have no plans to change. Tried a windows based phone for a few weeks and had more problems and less options than with a Palm Based. I don't plan on changing until I have to.

Gino
    yeah i use snappermail too, it's the way to go.
    !!!Uno...Dós....Tréo!!!