+ Reply to Thread

Voice Dialer interferes with music playback through FM Transmitter

I have installed the Treo Voice Dialer program that comes on the VZW disk. Now when I try to play mp3's into my Belkin FM transmitter, the Voice Dialer continuously activates saying "Say a command". Music played fine into the transmitter before installing Voice Dialer, and even now it will play into my headset fine, just not into the fm tranmitter. Anyone else had similar problems? Thanks for any suggestions!
    Downhills and tailwinds, 73

yeeeeopa!
    I'm not familiar with the fm transmitter,
    but I had the same problem playing mp3's
    using my custom kyocera 7135 headset , I have ordered an adapter from dans cell. acc.
    that'll allow me to use a regular headset with the treo.

so to sum it up, if part of the fm transmitter connects to the headset jack of your treo then you might have a compatability issue.

Re: Voice Dialer interferes with music playback through FM Transmitter

Originally posted by ozzybiker
    I have installed the Treo Voice Dialer program that comes on the VZW disk. Now when I try to play mp3's into my Belkin FM transmitter, the Voice Dialer continuously activates saying "Say a command". Music played fine into the transmitter before installing Voice Dialer, and even now it will play into my headset fine, just not into the fm tranmitter. Anyone else had similar problems? Thanks for any suggestions!
    I had the same problem with a cassette adapter. I ended up deleting Voice Dialer, because it's more important to me to be able to play music. There was a thread on another forum discussing this, and the recommendation was to get a Seidiio 2-way adapter. I have no idea whether that will work for you.

Re: Re: Voice Dialer interferes with music playback through FM Transmitter

Originally posted by Dr.Grace
    There was a thread on another forum discussing this, and the recommendation was to get a Seidiio 2-way adapter.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Got a link to the forum or the product website?

ozzy, would you mind letting me know which belkin FM transmitter you bought and where you got it from? i am interested in getting one but not sure which one is the right one to get. thanks in advance.

Re: Re: Re: Voice Dialer interferes with music playback through FM Transmitter

Thanks for the suggestion. Got a link to the forum or the product website?
    No, I don't have a link handy, but it's easy enough to do a search at treocentral.com.

Don

Here's the link for the

Seidio adapter

Originally posted by PNJNYC
    ozzy, would you mind letting me know which belkin FM transmitter you bought and where you got it from? i am interested in getting one but not sure which one is the right one to get. thanks in advance.
    I got the transmitter off of EBay. I think it was an older model. It is grey with a freq display and two buttons on the front. I'm sorry, but I covered the model sticker with velcro, and now I cant get the velcro off. Remember, mine is NOT the right one to get if you want to use Treo VoiceDial from VoiceSignal.

Thank you for the suggestion from Sedio. It doesn't do what I need (making the fm transmitter work with Voice Dial), but it looks like a great product which I may get for those times when I am using headphones.

To continue this thread, is there anyone who IS using an FM transmitter with Treo VoiceDial (the program that came on the OEM disc)?

Thank you for the suggestion from Sedio. It doesn't do what I need (making the fm transmitter work with Voice Dial), but it looks like a great product which I may get for those times when I am using headphones.

Why do you say that? This is precisely the problem being talked about in that other forum. The adapter doesn't care what you plug into it. With regard to the one-way adaptors, it doesn't seem to matter whether you use a cassette adapter or an FM transmitter, because all of us have the same symptoms. The 2-way adapter is supposed to cure it, but I haven't tested it to see if that's true.

Don

I assumed that the problem was an impedance mismatch between the phone and the transmitter, which a simple jack adapter wouldn't affect. Perhaps the addition of a microphone and volume control fixed the problem. In any case, I will take your advice and try to find the forum that you are talking about, and see what they have to say. Thanks for the feedback! It would be great if I could have it all. I'm unwilling to delete Voice Dial, so it would be the transmitter that would get 'deleted', which frustrates me! BTW, if you know the name of the forum, it would be appreciated. Thanks, Doc!

I believe it was Treocentral.com.

Cheers,

Don

Late follow-up! The Seidio adapter did the trick! For anyone else having the same symptoms that I was, follow the link above and buy the product. It will solve the problem. Later...