+ Reply to Thread

Question Speed dial Treo 650?

Ok, talk about not seeing the tree in the forest... I can hotsync, I can make movies, surf the web, play mp3 files, customize the screen and settings on my new AMAZINGLY COOL Treo 650 - but I can't figure out how to set phone numbers for *!@#$! speed dial! Pls help!

Last edited by Scarlet1; 09-24-2005 at 05:45 AM.

drr
    Click your green phone button. At the bottom of the screen are blocks. Most of these should be empty. Click on an empty one and you will see a screen prompting you to enter a name of a speed dial and places for numbers etc. Hint: click the "more" button to add extra numbers and characters if you want to be able to have it enter passwords etc for voice mail.

One more hint, you can tap and drag the buttons around to change their location on the favorites pages.

thanks

Thanks for the tip! I knew it was something simple I was overlooking. Green button, speed dial numbers work great - I wonder why it wasn't in the manual

How to move favorite from one page to another?

The drag-and-drop trick is cool. Worth mentioning one needs to be in the "edit favorites pages" area first.

Q: HOW can I drag (or move) a favorite from one page to another?

UPDATE:
    nevermind. I just figured it out. Drag the favorite down onto the desired page number below.

Personally, I find it quicker to also assign a 1-touch quick key for speed dials. For instance, "2" or "R" is set to call my wife at work. Just hold the key down for more than 2 seconds, and bingo.

Use "Record/Edit Favorites Button" with a favorites button highlighted to set a quick key.

Geek
    Has anyone figured out if or how you can change the Quick-dial option to display as a number on the Quick buttons instead of a letter? I want voicemail to be '1' not "E". I know they do the same thing. It's just aesthetic and anal. But can it be done?

Edit Favorites Pages

Is there a way to add a favorite for a program on the SD Card? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.....

It does not appear that the apps. on the external card can be selected.

I saw an application called powerRun, that might work, but have not tried it.

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...rREF=&siteid=1

7135 Died.
    for some reason - when i assign a number to a "favorite" for the quick key...it won't work...

but if i do a letter it does...does anyone know why this is? I would rather them be numbers than letters.....
    Former 6035. Former 7135. Former Treo 650. Current Motorola Q.