+ Reply to Thread
    7135 Died.

beeping every 10 minutes

hello all...

I've not been on here much since i got my treo (knock on wood) with my 6035 and 7135 I was always on

Anyways, first minor problem with the treo and I'm sure its just some setting i need to change or whatever...

I just got an SD card, Installed Ringo...every 10 minutes my phone wakes up makes a beep (the beep when you unplug your phone from your power cord) and goes the the SD Card Screen.

I turned off the systems sounds - which does stop the beeping - the screen still wakes up etc...

Its just starting to get annoying...anyone else had this problem? Is it Ringo? ?????

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Last edited by DsquareD22; 09-24-2005 at 08:48 PM.
    Former 6035. Former 7135. Former Treo 650. Current Motorola Q.

Re: beeping every 10 minutes

Originally posted by DsquareD22
    hello all...

I've not been on here much since i got my treo (knock on wood) with my 6035 and 7135 I was always on

Anyways, first minor problem with the treo and I'm sure its just some setting i need to change or whatever...

I just got an SD card, Installed Ringo...every 10 minutes my phone wakes up makes a beep (the beep when you unplug your phone from your power cord) and goes the the SD Card Screen.

I turned off the systems sounds - which does stop the beeping - the screen still wakes up etc...

Its just starting to get annoying...anyone else had this problem? Is it Ringo? ?????

Thanks for your help in advance!
    I have never run into this problem before, but that sound is coming from the fact that when a memory card is removed from the phone, it will make that alert sound. What happens if you move the MP3's that you have set as Ring-Tones and such to the main memory and not try to run it off of the card? Are you using any good file management programs like ZLauncher?
    Also, what kind of memory card are you using? Does it have a Copy-Protect switch on it?
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.