+ Reply to Thread
    smilin' in Daytona

Treo 650 crashed!

My 650 has crashed. It attempts to reset over and over but never comes on.
    Any suggestions before I attempt a hard reset?
    I don't know if it will let me.
    Wes in sunny Daytona Beach
    www.audiobywes.com

If you have a memory card, pull it out.

Then do a soft reset by pushing down the hole in the back and holding the green key (I believe that's the one). then release the hole in the back and wait until you see the palm powered logo.

it will reboot to the palm os without turning on the phone.

I had the same problem about a week ago and backed everything up then did a hard reset. I restored my t650 no problems after that.
    "Apology accepted Captain Needa..." Darth Vader

Originally posted by pcmedics911
    If you have a memory card, pull it out.

Then do a soft reset by pushing down the hole in the back and holding the green key (I believe that's the one). then release the hole in the back and wait until you see the palm powered logo.

it will reboot to the palm os without turning on the phone.

I had the same problem about a week ago and backed everything up then did a hard reset. I restored my t650 no problems after that.

Yes, you are very right. Corrupted memory cards can cause all kinds of problems, even loops. Was this memory card used before with a Treo 600?
    Also, if you get back to the main menu, look for corrupted files. They are the ones with weird symbols instead of names. Those files will cause looping as well.
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.

smilin' in Daytona
    It still doesn't reset.
    It has been trying to reset for 3 hours. All it does it ccle over and over.
    It goes to the erase all data screen, but when I push the up button it just repeats the cycle.
    It never goes to any phone menu.

It starts at Palm One...then to the Palm powered screen, finally to the Sprint welcome screen and then repeats.
    This SUCKS!!!
    Wes in sunny Daytona Beach
    www.audiobywes.com

Hello Wes,

This is Kevin from Palm. Have you tried a System Reset as opposed to a Soft Reset? It may help you breakout of the reset loop. You can find out how to perform it in the Palm Knowledge Library article "Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect, Zero Out)". If it still does not work, note the extra steps mentioned at the bottom of the System Reset section of the article.

Sincerely
    Kevin

TDS
    I have been getting this reset cycle since I purchased my Treo a year or so ago. I bought back up buddy, which seemed to help. However, a few things need to be done after I back up. After back up, it asks to reset again......I can't do that or it will start all over again. I cannot click on the AOL icon, it starts over again. Therefore I have to delete the aol application and reinstall it. I have to also reinstall any media files and voice dialer. This is something I have come to live with. It happens every once in a while. I hope if there is ever any upgrade to a 700P, it takes care of this frustrating problem.
    TDS

I would get my MSL from sprint and use the ##774# option to reset the OS side of the device when is starts to misbehave.

most times when my phone goes in a reset loop i just do a warm reset then delete my unsaved/saved prefs,soft reset and restore prefs with resco backup and that solves the problem........for whatever reason the prefs get corrupt and need to be purged on my phone, hope that helps!
    !!!Uno...Dós....Tréo!!!