+ Reply to Thread

Question about Contacts/address book

Hey, all - I just got a Treo 650 (classic timing, no, what with the announcement of the 700 today?) Anyhow, I'm switching from a Kyocera 7135, and like what I see so far, but have a question:

When searching through the contacts file, I can't seem to lookup contacts using the company name in many cases. That is, the contact appears to default to the person's last name, if there is one, when keying in letters to drill down to the desired contact. Am I missing something here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and my reaction to the new toy? It's very cool, but it also makes me really appreciate how well-conceived the 7135 was in the first place. Is that the definition of "damning with faint praise"?

I finally got my answer by speaking to Palm. The search method I was hoping to use is no longer present in this device, which is a bummer.

The workaround they suggested is to use the "find" function that searches everything on the phone. It's an inelegant and inconvenient solution, IMO, but it does work, IF you use it correctly.

Thanks anyway.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    You could also use a different contacts replacement program like TAKEphONE, Beyond Contacts, KeySuite, etc. As far as I know, they all allow searching on nearly any field.
    Michael

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Exclamation Palm software suite lacking ...

i'm using Agendus 9.06 and it is very simple to list your contacts by company 1st.

Articles on the Treo 700w with Windows mention it has been in the works for nearly 2 years. This is painfully obvious by the sheer number of 3rd party apps that every Treo650 user has paid for. They just let the hardware stand alone and the software was left twisting in the wind. Most of it is useless for Business.
    Last edited by mikeyis009; 09-29-2005 at 06:22 PM.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)