+ Reply to Thread

"SkinTight" case/holster - anybody else have this?

I just received this today, and like it so far. Seems to take care of the somewhat slippery form factor of the Treo nicely, and leaves ALL of the important connection points (AND the keyboard) open for easy access.

The final package is a bit bulkier, overall, than the holster setup I used with my 7135, but offers more protection as well.

What'cha all think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "SkinTight" case/holster - anybody else have this?-treo650-007.jpg  

Pic 2

Pic 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "SkinTight" case/holster - anybody else have this?-treo650-002.jpg  

Pic 3

Pic 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "SkinTight" case/holster - anybody else have this?-treo650-003.jpg  

Pic 4

Pic 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "SkinTight" case/holster - anybody else have this?-treo650-009.jpg  

PDA/Phone Junkie

Cool

Where and how much?

Here:

http://tinyurl.com/7qth7

$34 might seem a bit pricey, but it's worth it for the protection and the convenience, IMO.

One note: I noted AFTER I posted the photos that the case leaves the SD card slot inaccessible. 10 seconds with a sharp knife took care of that little issue.

Belt clip/holster is VERY secure, and I really prefer the fact that the design leaves no "button" for the belt clip when the unit is out of the holster.

Oh, and it comes in various cool colors!

Is the camera lens covered? That's the one photo I think you left off.
    Last edited by SmartDevil; 09-28-2005 at 06:01 AM.

Ask and ye shall receive...

Originally posted by SmartDevil
    Is the camera lens covered? Thay's the one photo I think you left off.
    I just KNEW that question would come up, since I decided not to post every picture that I took initially.

However, COMMA, I just so happen to have a picture that gives the answer, which I think you'll like:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "SkinTight" case/holster - anybody else have this?-treo650-back.jpg  

Thanks for completing the photo album.

I'm a big fan of the holster, but I want to protect my phone to the extent possible.

I have no problem spending the bucks, but I've been kinda disappointed in the past. So if you don't mind.....

a few more Q's....

How do you feel about the what appears to be the flip cover on the LCD screen? Do you think it will stay attached etc. over time with normal use?

How's the fit with the holster - does the phone slide in easy yet remain secure?

Does the skin tend to stretch much, or become distorted when attaching or removing from holster?

Originally posted by SmartDevil
    Thanks for completing the photo album.

a few more Q's....

How do you feel about the what appears to be the flip cover on the LCD screen? Do you think it will stay attached etc. over time with normal use?

How's the fit with the holster - does the phone slide in easy yet remain secure?

Does the skin tend to stretch much, or become distorted when attaching or removing from holster?
    Jury's still out on the flip cover. I doubt that it would just come off, but I'm not sure that I'm going to leave it on. There are times, despite the 5-way navigation setup, when I NEED to use the touchscreen, and the flip cover makes that more trouble, obviously.

The fit in the holster is SOLID, as in not-going-anywhere SOLID. It slides in easily, but it's not as slick as my Kyocera holster was, because we're talking silicone on hard plastic, vs. hard plastic on hard plastic. My "surgery" to allow access to the SD card slot makes it a bit fussier to put into and take out of the holster, because the retaining clip slides over my new cut, but having access to the card slot without removing the phone from the skin is a better tradeoff, IMO.

The skin is SKINTIGHT, as the name implies. No stretching or distortion at all during handling.

As an aside, I had originally purchased the leather cover Verizon sells for this phone. ( this one: http://tinyurl.com/7lsqs - stay away!) I had my concerns about how I'd like it, but needed SOMETHING to protect the phone, so broke down and bought it anyway. WORST design I've ever seen, in the end - I hated it with a passion after only 1 day of use. I then searched and bought this SkinTight case, and of course had the phone in the case and holster when I went back to the Verizon store to return the leather case. EVERY employee in the store was blown away by the coolness and functionality of the SkinTight setup. They passed it around from employee to employee showing it off as a matter of fact.

Thumbs up

This looks like just what I've been looking for. Thanks so much. I just ordered one to replace my Magnesium case. It was just too bulky but VERY protective. Hope I won't be disappointed.

Geek
    Yeah, I just got mine from Buy.com last week. It was a little cheaper there and I had a coupon code plus free shipping.

I really like it. I used to always just toss my 7135 in my pocket. I've been using the belt clip with this, but I've just tossed it in a pocket a few times and felt safe.

I can't tell you how many times I've poked that plastic cover with the stylus though. hahaha But looking at how scratched up it's getting already, it's worth it. It's doing it's job.

Received my "Tough Skin" (beefer version) case by Speck:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-54--368.htm

and initially was enjoying the form/fit/durability, until the voice dial application (Voice Dial) I use for dialing, locked the phone up and I had to remove the Tough Skin case to open the rear cover to remove and insert the battery (soft rest). Fairly easy to slip on, like taking a wet suit off.....a struggle.

Any similar situations?

Robert

Has anyone tried to put this setup into any of the sync cradles out there? Im wondering if it will fit into the OEM Palm cradle?
    There is no spoon
    Neo can be spelled as One.