+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAP Yahoo?

Angry WAP Yahoo?

I have been using blazer for treo 650 for awhile and was able to view Yahoo.com like i was on my computer internet until I don't know what happened now I get only the WAP version everytime I go to Yahoo. I don't want that version is there anywhere to get it back to the way I had it?
    esmass:p

Doesn't anybody know? Please any help would be appreciated.

Clear your cache and go back to www.yahoo.com
    Jeremiah 29:11

Already done that and still no go. I think I saw something about verizon and yahoo working together and this has something to do with it. It could be carrier specific.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    It must be a Verizon thing.
    Just tried what you described and you will notice that the Messenger and Games sections are replaced with Messenger Info and Games Info. Tried changing from Optimized screen to Wide Page and re-entered Yahoo.com. No luck.
    Clicking these links describe Verizon YahooMessenger and Verizon Games.

I'm sure they do this on purpose since u can't link to the messenger or games sections.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Go to www.sweezer.net. Enter the website you want, yahoo.com in this case, and press enter. It will take you to the regular version of Yahoo instead of the WAP version.

I believe that when you use Blazer to access Yahoo, that Yahoo somehow knows you are connecting with a phone and automatically gives you the WAP version.

I think Skweezer works because www.skweezer.net is a middleman between your phone and Yahoo. Yahoo has no idea that you are using a phone to access the internet.

Skweezer is free and is basically a site that allows faster downloads of full versions of websites to phones. You don't have to actually sign up for skweezer unless you want to save some bookmarks/preferences at the site.

I stumbled accross this solution because I wanted to access my Fantasy Football team but Yahoo charges a fee to access that information by phone but not by a computer.

This solution has worked out great for me and I've saved a few bucks too.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by BC Guy 1984; 10-03-2005 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks! it is exactly what I was looking for!

Skweezer.net

I gave the incorrect web address for Skweezer on my previous post. The proper address is skweezer.net. (not .com as previously posted). I have also made the correction to my previous post.

www.skweezer.net