+ Reply to Thread

Dialing Extensions

I know I read somewhere on how to handle extensions. I want to be able to dial the main number then have the phone dial a specific extension. Any help would be appreciated.

drr
    I think what you are referring to is making the phone number a 'speed dial' number and then adding the extension number as an extra character via the "more" settings button in speed dial. I have handled this, as others have, by adding a few ",," to serve as pause spaces before the phone automatically punches in the numbers for the extension.

No, not speed dial.
    I mean a regular stored number that is dialed then as I recal you can hit a key to dial the extension, but it has to do with how you file the phone number.

How do I get the phone to dial '#' when required by one of the automatice systems, such as Verizon VoiceMail?
    John H. Boyd

drr
    I have just put that character in to the line that needs to be fed in: "#555555-1212." I have not had any problem with this.

Originally posted by drr
    I have just put that character in to the line that needs to be fed in: "#555555-1212." I have not had any problem with this.
    When I tried that, I got a message about Invalid Character.
    John H. Boyd

drr
    Are you in the "more" section, where it will dial extra numbers? Again, I have ",,,,,#(my phone number, etc) with no errors or problems.

Originally posted by drr
    Are you in the "more" section, where it will dial extra numbers? Again, I have ",,,,,#(my phone number, etc) with no errors or problems.
    Thanks. That was the key. I have to put the ',,,#' in the More Section. Great.
    John H. Boyd

With over a thousand numbers in my address book I cannot put each on speed dial. On my old Kyocera 7135, there was a way that when putting a number into the address book if you followed the number with the extension "111-1111x234" once you dialed the number you could press send or some key to then dial the extension. Is there a method that works on the Treo650???

Try TAKEPhone. I am doing now what you want to do, but I use "%" to trigger the pause as was required for my 7135. I think you can also use "x" now.