+ Reply to Thread

Question free 650 to replace verizon 7135?

Hi All,

To those who say Verizon is replacing your 7135 with a free 650 due to the e911 issue, are they doing this with a functional 7135, or only if the 7135 is broken and can't be repaired? I'm interested in checking out the 650 but I've got no problems (knock on wood) with my 7135. Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks,
    JohnA

Well you know, I wouldn't actually suggest doing this, but the 7135 is WELL KNOWN for its ZERO button failing. If you have insurance, or still have warranty coverage, you could call 611 and tell the tech that your Zero button stopped working. They'll probably send you a T650 just for that.

My second 7135 had its zero button fail last month (the first one failed the same way too a year ago), and VZW sent me a t650.

-Warr

I also called " DATA " support. I informed them that I had problems with my 0 and that I had to keep soft booting my 7135. I was on the phone for about 30 mintues and was giving a ticket number for my new T650 that would be in the mail. I got it in two days.

Verizon doesn't ask to see the phone or want it back. Tell them your phone keeps crashing and they'll send you a 650 by Fedex.

I think they re-set your contract for another 2 years though. (and claim the phones value is like $600)

Verizon does want the old phone back. They may not look at it, but the paperwork that came with the Treo also included a Fedex return slip and a request for a return in 10 days or it says you will get billed.

sgtpepa, You're probably right. However, after reviewing the documents that I received, my understanding is that I must return the new equipment if I do not want to accept the terms of my new contract.

I think I still have the box and everything that came with it. If they want the old phone back, they certainly can have it.

Do I need to send them the accessories, or just the handset phone it self?

I just called Verizon Data to ask about whether they wanted the old phone back. The tech said yes and to include the cradle as well. It is to be packed and shipped in the same box with the Fedex return label.

Judging from the response, I am not sure if they are consistent in the reply, but other than helping out a lover of KYO 7135, I have no use for the phone.

I received my bill from Verizon today. There was no charge for my old 7135 on it despite my receipt of the 650 in excess of 10 days ago.

I reread all the docs. and I'm still not convinced they need it back.

Nonetheless, since the fedex will be paid by them, and I have no real reason to kep the 7135 (other than as a paper weight or perhaps sentimental reasons), I sent my old Kyo back this morning.

The last thisng I want to do is be hounded by Verizon in like 6 years from now.

.....I was gonna sell it on Ebay, but I'm too lazy.

Visor>7135>Treo 650 Craig Wadsworth's Avatar

No Deposit, no return

They really didn't want mine back. Oldest kid is using it for MP3 and PDA functionality. Was a pain to get it to turn off the phone side though. Once I did and set it to not power on the phone at reset it makes a pretty good cheap PDA.