+ Reply to Thread

Treo and headset?

For some reason, I can hear things through the ear piece, but I am not transmitting when I talk. This headset worked with my Kyocera this morning.
    John H. Boyd

I believe the Treo 650 is using a Non-QUALCOMM chip, which causes problems with headsets. Most of the CDMA phones out there are made with QUALCOMM's chips and that allows them to have compatible headsets.
    Are you using a CDMA or GSM Treo 650? I imagine you are using CDMA seeing as you own a Kyocera phone.
    This chip problem is why Nokia's need their own headsets, because they do not want to buy their chips, they want to make them there self's. And they are not very good at it.
    What kind of headset are you looking to buy, because you need to make sure it is listed to work with the Treo 650.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 10-23-2005 at 10:47 PM.
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.

I think the treo is CDMA (Verizon). I think I have found some headsets that work.
    John H. Boyd

Let me if the ones you have found work out. I have not had much luck finding a good headset for my Treo 650, except for the one that came with the Treo. And that one is way too basic for my needs.
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.

Originally posted by the2ndflood
    Let me if the ones you have found work out. I have not had much luck finding a good headset for my Treo 650, except for the one that came with the Treo. And that one is way too basic for my needs.
    The Fellowes Earglove Convertible appears to be working OK. It has Over/Behind the ear support, conical earpiece, control button, volume control, and boom microphone. I had a problem with two of them initially, and Fellowes sent me two replacements. I have one more in the car and I will see if I can see the brand on it. The Earglove Convertible and Headset Control gives me almost as much control as I had with the 7135.
    John H. Boyd

The other headset that works is AT&T.
    John H. Boyd

My Jabra seems to work fine...

Originally posted by thefred
    My Jabra seems to work fine...
    But I am talking hardwired, not Bluetooth
    John H. Boyd

I'm talking hardwired as well. The Jabra Mini Boom.

bluetooth headset

I have had Jabra,Plantronics, 2 Motorola models and Scala. The best one that I have been able to find and that people say sounds fine is the Treo bluetooth headset. You can find it at Treo Central.

Re: bluetooth headset

Originally posted by neilr
    I have had Jabra,Plantronics, 2 Motorola models and Scala. The best one that I have been able to find and that people say sounds fine is the Treo bluetooth headset. You can find it at Treo Central.
    neilr,

I went over and didn't see one that specifically was a "Treo Bluetooth" headset (model that is). They are all for the Treo... and bluetooth. Which model specifically were you refering too??

Thanks,

Alan

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    Bluetooth headsets on the Treo 650 are not reliable. Even the Treo branded one connects when it feels like it and renders it almost useless. I use the cord 99% of the time when I need an earpiece.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I've not had any problems using my Jabra BT200 bluetooth earpiece with my Sprint Treo 650. You have something wrong with your 650 maybe?
    Michael