+ Reply to Thread

Accessories - Holster/Cables/?

What are your recommendations for Accessories?

Seidio has a clip holster that looks like the Kyocera clip holster that I liked.

Seidio and Boxwave have battery adaptor re-chargers.

Any comments on these or charger/sync cables?
    John H. Boyd

I have the sedio clip holster, and as a former Kyocera 7135 holster user, I can tell you that I like it a lot, but maybe you'll have a problem with it.

First, it is rugged and convienient, and fits the belt and the treo very nicely, all while protecting the screen. It holds the treo extremely securely, yet the treo is easily removed with one hand, and re-inserted just as easily and quickly.

If you are someone who cringes at the THOUGHT of scratches on your Treo, however, you won't like it. After only one week of use, the paint on the top where the clip comes into contact with the treo is already chipping, and there is more minor paint chipping at one of the lower corners.

I myself couldn't care less about this. I'd rather have rapid-access to my treo than a pristine museum peice to model to people. My treo is a tool, and paint chips just show that it is well worn.

The next-best "holster" may actually be a nutshell case. check out nutshell.com.

-Warr

Safety and convience are the main issues, with scratches a very poor fourth.

Thanks. I will pick one up.

John
    John H. Boyd

I got this case/holster:

"SkinTight" case/holster - anybody else have this?

and this Sync/USB charge/AC charge/Car charge cable:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...875504-4231044

Both are great.

That holster looks nice. I'll have to check into it.
    John H. Boyd

I second the "Seidio has a clip holster". As an ex-7135 user, I like the safety and fast access of this holster.

As for a sync cable, I have purchased several. Forget the ones that require a separate power supply and go for the USB cables like these that I get for $6 from this EBAY STORE

http://cgi.ebay.com/PalmOne-TREO-650...QQcmdZViewItem

It is about 3 feet long, charges while it is plugged into my notebook and doesn't take up any space in my bag....

Greg

I got the Treo 650 case from PalmOne (well, it was from an e-bay seller) and it is awesome!

I love the fact the clear pastic cover on the front allows you to push the keys, answer the phone with the nav button while giving you access to the side panels and covering the device.

I've dropped my a few times and its got 2 minor nics compared to what it would have had it I had not had the case.
    "Apology accepted Captain Needa..." Darth Vader