+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verizon 1.04 update

Update 1.04 is out for Verizon. Updates for multiple call interface and wireless sync. Check the palm web site.

Successful here. I don't see a difference yet. Havn't gotten multiple calls and I don't use wireless sync.
    Sandy Wagner

Here's the link at Palm's website. I can't wait to update mine.

Verizon Treo 650 1.04 updater
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

I did the update last night. I have SIGNIFICANTLY more RAM now. About 13% improvement in RAM. I can't see any other differences.
    Sandy Wagner

Fully Undaunted
    Just finished, everything went smoothly, appears to be about 10% increase in free memory space. I checked and all 3rd party apps. are present and working, so far no problems. I was a little nervous about trying this (memory of update problems with 7135) but alls well.
    Oh... what a tangled web we weave!!

The recovery of some of the RAM seems to be a function of a hard reset. I noticed it after 1.03, as well. My guess is that's it's not too unlike re-installing WinOS on your desktop; you'll always see a general improvement in memory.
    Last edited by JeffC; 10-04-2005 at 05:18 PM.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    Updated to 1.04 for Verizon. Got about half a MB free'd up. Not much but it's a start. I have 90% of my stuff on my SD card as it is. Checking now to re-register everything. Soi far I see Ebook lost it's regs. Checking the rest now.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    eReader was the only program that lost its registration info. I restored from Backup Buddy VFS after update was finished and all is good.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Which EReader? Isn't ereader free on the Treo 650 install disk?

I snagged about 2mb RAM.

This takes a while to do so plan on 30 minutes.

I finally finished updating my device. Everything went fine, and I didn't keep track of how much memory I saved, but I am pretty sure I saved some.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Problem with 1.04

I ran into a fairly annoying problem after I upgraded to 1.04 and wonder if someone out here can give me an idea on where to look.

On the "phone" screen there is a menu of items below the digits. On it, there are links for Contacts, Call Log, Voicemail, etc. I had put about 5 or 6 items into the menu below the standard ones and it always worked well by scrolling down and selecting the appropriate Favorite button. Now, however, as soon as I scroll below Voicemail, the 650 resets itself.

I've done a number of things, including removing all entries below Voicemail and hard resetting the device. I assume 1.04 has developed a conflict with some software I have, but I really don't want to remove and re-install everything. BTW, after a hard reset and before I re-sync my data, the problem does not exist.

Anyone??

Re: Problem with 1.04

Originally posted by JeffC

Now, however, as soon as I scroll below Voicemail, the 650 resets itself.
    I have the 1.04 update and mine works like it did before. No problem scrolling down through the contacts.

I run launcherX and a few loaded programs but no other resident programs.

I'll think of something later
    JeffC-
    After your phone resets goto the phone app and enter:
    #*#377#
    that will tell you what caused the reset.

What was it?

A reset was caused on 10/6/05 at 7:12 am while running "Phone":

Fatal Exception

---------------------------------
    Pretty helpful, huh?

I find that I also get a reset on the Phone App when I press the Menu button and select "Phone Preferences". No other menu selection causes a reset. When this error occurs, I get the same error msg as above plus the following:

Emul68KCommon.c,Line:1648,Index out of range
    Last edited by JeffC; 10-06-2005 at 09:25 AM.

The "phone" refers to the application "phone", not the device itself. Kind of like the application Word could cause a computer to freeze.

You might want to try a hard reset.

Thanks, jadiff, I did know that about "Phone". Can anyone make sense out of the error msg??

The error message doesn't say much about what is wrong other than there is something wrong with the phone app.

I would set the phone app back to the default settings, hoping to get rid of the problem. Then re-setup the app to your liking, hoping not to recreate the crash.

The safest way to do this is to do a hard reset, like jadiff suggested.

JeffC-

Do you have any more tips and tricks like your ( #*#377# ) that would help everyone out? Any would be appreciated.

I have actually had the phone app cause a fatal reset myself. Don't assume that it is the phone every time, check after a reset to see what caused it.

Some of my common causes are:
    Word to go (the most common, I have to un-install then re-install after this one because it is predictable.)
    Butler once or twice
    Even Application launcher itself

BINGO!

It WAS Docs2Go. I deleted it from the 650, re-installed it, and all is well. Many, many thanks to you all for your help.

[4 hours later]
    Uh Oh - Spoke too soon...

Turns out that it was not any of my apps. The culprit was "Phone_SPCS_Custom.prc", a custom splash screen that I made up from a link I found here somewhere. The custom splash worked fine under 1.03, but apparently conflicts with certain code in the Phone app. After removing it, the problems disappeared.
    Last edited by JeffC; 10-07-2005 at 09:07 PM.