+ Reply to Thread

SPACE I Need SPACE!!

After having my Treo for only a short amount of time, I have started to fill up the on-board memory.

I'm sure I have some orphan files etc. which I attempted to clean with a program called Mini Clean. It seemed to work but removed a few files that I needed (like DateBk5 files and icons), so I'm kinda afraid to let it run in automode.

I have started to move files to my SD card to save some space but I would like to ge back more.

Suggestions?

try zlauncher (just google it). it will allow you to move programs to your SD card. In addition, make sure your 650 is running the latest firmware as firmware updates released by Palm for each US carrier help to optimize memory usage. Finally, make sure you didn't just sync over all your data from your old device onto the 650 as this can take up extra space on the 650. See my sticky post at the top for how to transfer over your data.

"....Finally, make sure you didn't just sync over all your data from your old device onto the 650 as this can take up extra space on the 650..."

Marty, when you say "sync over" what do you mean? I need the old stuff, my Palm pilot is a living thing that only grows.... I never go back.

One of my questions asbout this is the old address and realted DBs that are not all in Contacts database. Which of these legacy files can I delete? I moved from a 7135 to 650.

Say your username on your old Palm device was "Smartdevil". When you got your 650, did you simply just sync it to that same username and transfer your stuff over that way? If so, files/settings specific to your old device made it onto your 650 and that not only takes up space on the 650, it can make the 650 unstable.

Yes, I did sync the 650 to my old user name. I didn't know that would cause a problem.

If I did use another name, wouldn't that mess with my software licences that are sync name specific?

However, you may be correct about taking up space, but how will I know for sure?

So far I haven't noticed anything odd or unstable with the 650 overall.

I use DateBk5, and did notice that I have the same number of records in Calandar as I do in DateBk.

ALSO, My number of Contact records is the same as the records in Address.

When I open either the scheduling program or the contacts, I see no duplicate entries, and everything looks kosher.