+ Reply to Thread

Comparing aluminum hard cases

I see there are atleast two or three different aluminum cases that look like they would fit and work well with the 650. The Inno Pocket brand looks best from what I have seen on Ebay, but has anyone tried different aluminum cases to compare? How do you like your aluminum cases?

Not sure what to do here, I want to protect this puppy because I will be bumping it and dropping it big time. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated..

A guy walks into the Dr.s office with a duck on his head. Dr. looks up at him with amazement and says, "What can I do for ya?" Duck says, "Can ya get this guy off my ass!!??"

Smoothop

I had the Pacific Rim, half- front version...with the cover over the screen only, buttons exposed. Held phone snuggly. I did drop it once, on to a tile floor, with no damage, but assume, had it landed antennae down, I'd be telling a different story. Had to file the bottom edge of the top cover as it intruded on the 5way button, but no problem there.

I didn't like the cover, too bulky. But I gave it to my brother, who's a computer tech, running all over Phoenix and he loves it. I bought the vaja case (for $100...sigh) and figured it was worth it. Think its the best case for any phone, I've ever had. Chocolate face with black back, with belt clip option. Beautiful case, although sides intrude on the keypad a little too much for my fat fingers, and I don't dare file this leather $100 cover...
    I500 to Treo650

I have had the Innopocket case for 5 or 6 months now, and it is great. It is extremely tough. I made a few modifications when I first got it, and it has worked great ever since.
    Suggestion: Order a couple of extra belt clips online. I got 2 for $4 (plus $6 shipping from Hong Kong...go figure...). I recently broke my first belt clip getting out of my wife's car, which is very low slung, and I am big and strong and clumsy. I am also good at fixing things, so I used some Acrylic Solvent Cement which I got for a Plexiglass project some time ago. Worked like a charm. I am still using that repaired belt clip, saving the new ones until I really need them. BTW, get acrylic Solvent Cement at a plastics supply house or manufacturer. I don't think it is available at Home Depot.
    Suggestion #2: Put a removeable screen protector on the case screen to keep it from getting scratched.
    Suggestion #3: Do a search on my username and you will find a description of the mods that I performed on the case originally, in another thread.
    With all of that said, I am thinking of trying a new case that I saw in one of these recent threads that looked like a heavy rubber skin-type case with a flip-down screen protector. I might like that better because I won't have to open the front door to use the keyboard. If my wife lets me...
    Downhills and tailwinds, 73

forget the aluminum case, get the innopocket magnesium case. I've got that one and it's great. I also know I'd drop the phone and the case has held up great. I second the advice about using a screen protector on the case's window.

Re: Comparing aluminum hard cases

Originally posted by Smoothop
    I see there are atleast two or three different aluminum cases that look like they would fit and work well with the 650. The Inno Pocket brand looks best from what I have seen on Ebay, but has anyone tried different aluminum cases to compare? How do you like your aluminum cases?

Not sure what to do here, I want to protect this puppy because I will be bumping it and dropping it big time. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated..

A guy walks into the Dr.s office with a duck on his head. Dr. looks up at him with amazement and says, "What can I do for ya?" Duck says, "Can ya get this guy off my ass!!??"

Smoothop
    Get a leather or plastic case. The aluminum cases will make the Treo 650 heat up really fast and then it gets annoying talking into the phone. They look good, but they are not really needed.

Krusell makes a pretty good flip-open case. That is what I use.
    I just wish Body Glove made a custom case for the Treo 650. That would be so much better!
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.