+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E-Mail Programs

E-Mail Programs

Looking for recommendations for an E-Mail program for the 650. I currently have Agendus v4.23, but it won't send any e-mail. (Keeps giving me a message about not following the right format)

I need something to download e-mails while I am away from my notebook, and send a reply if one needs to go out right away.

Don't normally need to deal with attachments.

Should I try and install VersaMail?

John
    John H. Boyd

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I'm biased (because I work for them) towards SnapperMail.
    Michael

I don't work for Snappermail but love it. It just works.

Anyone can recieve mail but sending it often takes a paid airbridge server like fastmail.

Anyone know of a spell checker for Snapper?

SilvrDrgn:

I actually would rather use Snapper, but am currently using ChatterEmail. Here's the one and only reason:

I read and respond to email with the 650 when traveling and then file them away once I'm back in the office. With the deluge of spam and garbage emails out there, Chatter lets me delete emails from my server on a message by message basis (delete this one, don't delete that one). With Snapper, I have to make the choice for the whole account. As a result, since I can't delete everything, I have to wade through the same junk when I get back to the office that I waded through while on the road.

I own both programs and would much rather use Snapper.

SNAPPERMAIL!!!!

Well, Snappermail can't send e-mail either. It's instructions for sending e-mail via Earthlink don't work, and when I try to use Verizon's net (vzwmail) I get an Unrecognized Network.

I'll keep fiddling.
    John H. Boyd

Can't seem to get SnapperMail working, and the instructions for setup on their web site is wrong.

Agendus Mail still won't send any e-mails. Something is wrong with the format of the message that Earthlink doesn't like after it is uploaded. And, Iambic has demonstrated repeatedly that they have no interest in discussing or fixing the problem.

VersaMail works. Downloads e-mail and sends e-mail. Will allow me to delete message from the 650, and asks if I want to delete the e-mail from the server or not.

So, I'll go with VersaMail for now.
    John H. Boyd

Re: E-Mail Programs

Originally posted by JohnBoyd
    Looking for recommendations for an E-Mail program for the 650. I currently have Agendus v4.23, but it won't send any e-mail. (Keeps giving me a message about not following the right format)

I need something to download e-mails while I am away from my notebook, and send a reply if one needs to go out right away.

Don't normally need to deal with attachments.

Should I try and install VersaMail?

John
    Hello John,
    Try using Aileron Mail – the mobile email solution can be used to manage mailboxes that are accessible via: IMAP4 and POP3 (with or without SSL), portals like Hotmail, MSN, AOL, GMail, Yahoo, as well as Microsoft Exchange based mailboxes that are accessible via Outlook Web Access. A no-cost no-obligation evaluation is available.

I invite you to experience Aileron Mail. If you have questions, you can always meet me on-line for interactive chat between 7am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday, at www.corsoft.com.

Originally posted by JeffC
    SilvrDrgn:

I actually would rather use Snapper, but am currently using ChatterEmail. Here's the one and only reason:

I read and respond to email with the 650 when traveling and then file them away once I'm back in the office. With the deluge of spam and garbage emails out there, Chatter lets me delete emails from my server on a message by message basis (delete this one, don't delete that one). With Snapper, I have to make the choice for the whole account. As a result, since I can't delete everything, I have to wade through the same junk when I get back to the office that I waded through while on the road.

I own both programs and would much rather use Snapper.
    How about only downloading the headers or a limited amount of each message into Snapper? Once you've done that, you can look at and delete individual messages from the server. I do it all the time.
    Michael

Originally posted by JohnBoyd
    Well, Snappermail can't send e-mail either. It's instructions for sending e-mail via Earthlink don't work, and when I try to use Verizon's net (vzwmail) I get an Unrecognized Network.

I'll keep fiddling.
    We have many people using Earthlink and VZWmail without any problems. If our instructions were wrong, we certainly would have a large number of trouble reports, but we don't. There must be something wrong with your configuration or data network service. Have you tried generating a diagnostic log in SnapperMail and sending it to our "support@snappermail.com" address? Instructions for that procedure are located here -> http://www.snappermail.com/support/#12
    Michael

SilvrDrgn:

How about only downloading the headers or a limited amount of each message into Snapper?
    How do you do that? When you set up an account, it asks you whether or not to leave mail on the server (words to that effect). You can also select how much of the message to download. But, I don't see where you can delete indiv messages from the server. Can you help?

Originally posted by SilvrDrgn
    We have many people using Earthlink and VZWmail without any problems. If our instructions were wrong, we certainly would have a large number of trouble reports, but we don't. There must be something wrong with your configuration or data network service. Have you tried generating a diagnostic log in SnapperMail and sending it to our "support@snappermail.com" address? Instructions for that procedure are located here -> http://www.snappermail.com/support/#12
    Thanks. But I have VersaMail working, so I'll stay with it for right now.

John
    John H. Boyd

Originally posted by SilvrDrgn
    Thanks. But I have VersaMail working, so I'll stay with it for right now.

John
    John H. Boyd

Originally posted by JeffC
    SilvrDrgn:

How do you do that? When you set up an account, it asks you whether or not to leave mail on the server (words to that effect). You can also select how much of the message to download. But, I don't see where you can delete indiv messages from the server. Can you help?
    SnapperMail does not ask whether or not to leave mail on the server. When creating a new account, the only question it asks that I'm aware of is for the type (POP3 versus IMAP). That only happens in the Enterprise Edition of SnapperMail.

For the limited message downloading, once you have the account created, in SnapperMail tap the menu followed by Accounts -> Edit Accounts. Pick the account and tap the "Edit" button. Go to the Rules tab and change the second gadget to the amount of each message that you want to receive. Also, if it's a POP3 account, set up the appropriate Delete rules in that tab by tapping the "More Rules..." button at the bottom of the screen. Tap the appropriate OK and Done buttons to accept the change. Then after each send/receive operation, message you want to keep can be kept in the Inbox or moved to another folder in SnapperMail. Messages that you don't want to keep on the server can be Trashed via the appropriate Delete rules that you set up in the account.
    Michael