+ Reply to Thread

Question Docs to Go & pdf

I just upgraded to DataViz Docs To Go version 7 - Premium which claims to be able to permit reading of .pdf files

But it don't seem to work. I get error messages that indicate that:
    "there are no installed applications that can open this attachment"

Has anyone upgraded and can you infact open .pdf's? If so, advice?

By the way, Dataviz charges $20 for tech support by phone - I just bought the thing, this is BOGUS. If they don't give support to registered users - even for a short time, I suggest a boycott!!!

I've had the same question myself. Give them a call and they should help you even though they claim they charge for customer support.

It doesn't handle native PDF documents (yet). They must be converted via the PC application prior to being synced. DataViz announced that they are adding support for reading native PDF files, but I don't know when it will be available.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Finally got in touch with DataViz. Was told that pdf support should be available in the next month or so.... I hope they will honor my upgrade since that's why I paid the vig in the first place.

Data viz will only support "text" pdf files, not scanned in "picture" files in the premium edition. (so scanned in text will not be readable) The other problem you will encounter is that there may be no way to get the document from your mail program to Docs to go.

I tested the latest verison and was not able to view what I needed to do. I got the refund under the 30 day period and will keep looking for another program that does what I want

If you google around, you can find ways to make the Picsel Browser (which came with Sony PalmOS devices only) work just fine on the treo650.

Though it has a weird interface, it is able to view text-based native PDF files just fine. I use it all the time, and it can live in the SDcard via PowerRun or ZLauncher.

-Warr

I am using the Adobe Reader software that came on the OEM installation disk and it seems to work fine.
    Downhills and tailwinds, 73

one of the front-page acticles about a week ago on treocentral.com stated that the next version of DTG(which is due sometime in the fall) will have NATIVE SUPPORT for PDF files!! so i guess it won't be long before we have "true" access to pdfs,i use picsel but i don't like the fact that it doesnt have true 5-way-nav support.
    !!!Uno...Dós....Tréo!!!

Originally posted by ozzybiker
    I am using the Adobe Reader software that came on the OEM installation disk and it seems to work fine.
    This is fine for files that you move to your phone from your desktop, however I'm not sure that it works with .pdf attachments on wirelessly downloaded email.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by SmartDevil
    This is fine for files that you move to your phone from your desktop, however I'm not sure that it works with .pdf attachments on wirelessly downloaded email.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    You're correct.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Two notes:

1) Not all PDF's can be "re-flowed" for the Palm Acrobat Reader - many publishers lock their files and they can't be reflowed. I am NOT talking about password protected file either, like eBooks and such.

2) LJJ8503 - haven't had a chance to check it out, but PalmAddict had a note today about SharkNav app adding 5-way support to (any/all?) apps. Maybe it would help with this Clie viewer?

Originally posted by ReadOnly
    Two notes:

1) Not all PDF's can be "re-flowed" for the Palm Acrobat Reader - many publishers lock their files and they can't be reflowed. I am NOT talking about password protected file either, like eBooks and such.

2) LJJ8503 - haven't had a chance to check it out, but PalmAddict had a note today about SharkNav app adding 5-way support to (any/all?) apps. Maybe it would help with this Clie viewer?
    yeah i download sharknav but havent had a chance to check it out yet,ill see what's up with that. smartdevil yeah the adobe for palm app only reads text in pdf files, thats it.....the next DTG will have FULL NATIVE SUPPORT for embedded graphics as well as many other features, check this out !!
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/681-1.htm
    !!!Uno...Dós....Tréo!!!