+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SMS Privacy?

Question SMS Privacy?

I did not see where this has been addressed in previous thread and am hoping someone has a solution.

I am treo 650 VZW user coming from 7135 and 6035. I use text messaging alot. I do not like that the treo shows SMS message and sender on main screen upon receipt. Sometimes my phone is not with me and anyone that just happens by and looks at it can see the message and sender.

On the 7135 and 6035 this was not an issue as 1) it was flip to see screen and 2) it only alerted that message was received, not actually showed the message.

Is this an issue for anyone else and does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

If you don't want the SMS Receipt to show up use a program called Butler.
    esmass:p

To elaberate, butler disables the pop-up part of the SMS screen (although I think it appears for a brief instant then vanishes). Afer that, the message waiting indicator blinks in the upper left corner.

If you are worried about pasers-by, Butler will work. If you are concerned about privacy, you might consider pass word protecting after a given time interval.

PS - Butler is a great program!! If you don't have it, it's worth looking into.

Also, if you leave your phone somewhere and don't want others snooping etc. try mSafe. This app lets you lock your phone by sending an SMS to you phone. You don't need to accept it or anything, it locks up the whole Treo. Most carriers let you send SMS's via email. This works too.