+ Reply to Thread

CardBackup by JKWare

I use cardbackup by jkware. I did a hard reset and then restored using cardbackup. Everything went fine...all my data came back. I was on the road at the time and I continued to use the T650 as usual. When I got home and did a hotsync, the hotsync hung at Calendar and the hotsync manager gave an error message related to sgtables.dll..then the handheld did a soft reset. I then did another hard reset and hotsynced again and it went fine...except, of course, I lost any info I added while I was away.

I noticed that in cardbackup, there are 5 files in the exclusion list:
    AddressDB
    DatebookDB
    MemoDB
    ToDoDB
    PIMsSupportStatus-pdmE

Is this the problem? Should these files be excluded?

Has anyone else successfully restored from cardbackup and then had a successful hotsync?

Re: CardBackup by JKWare

Originally posted by Abe Frohman

Has anyone else successfully restored from cardbackup and then had a successful hotsync?
    Anyone...Bueller?

Has anyone done a full restore with any backup program and then had a successful hotsync?

Re: Re: CardBackup by JKWare

Has anyone done a full restore with any backup program and then had a successful hotsync?
    I have done a restore after reset with BackupBuddy, but had difficulty with a couple of files. I then changed to BackupMan, and have successfully restored after a hard reset. No problems with hotsync after either program.

John
    John H. Boyd

Re: Re: Re: CardBackup by JKWare

Originally posted by JohnBoyd
    No problems with hotsync after either program.
    And you're using a Treo 650?

I use both cardbackup and backupman. I was using cardbackup a my primary on the Kyo7135 because backupman didn't restore properly. I guess I'll start using backupman as my primary.

Thanks!

Abe

Re: Re: Re: Re: CardBackup by JKWare

And you're using a Treo 650?

Abe
    Yes. I had a 7135 until about three weeks ago, and have been using Backupman. I installed the 1.04 Verizon update, and had to do a complete restore after that update.
    John H. Boyd

I've done several restores with BackupMan and I've never had a problem.

Originally posted by blulite
    I've done several restores with BackupMan and I've never had a problem.
    Good...and no problems with Backupman bringing back preferences and reg codes, etc?

That's the reason I used cardbackup as my primary...

I use BackupBuddy. During a full restore, it asks once or twice if I want to "continue, ignoring errors" and then everything restores successfully.

All settings and registration codes are restored successfully. It then hotsync's without incident.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

Good...and no problems with Backupman bringing back preferences and reg codes, etc?
    Never a problem for me. I cannot tell the difference before and after a restore using BackupMan.

I think I figured it out...maybe...

I realized that I never formatted the sd card when I first put it in the 650. I just stuck it in from the 7135. After I formatted the card in the 650 and performed a backup, I the did a hard reset (while holding my breath) and tried to restore from the card. I then did a hot sync with no problems.