+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time Zone

EMN

Time Zone

I live in San Jose (just south of San Francisco), CA. I have my Treo 650 "prefs" set to "Enable Local Network Time." The unit displays the time correctly, but seems to think I'm in Denver. As a result, WorldClock (also thinking I'm in Denver) displays the time of other cities inaccurately.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

I have the same problem. I even asked the folks at the Verizon store, and showed them on my phone, and they were clueless as well.
    Mike

I encountered that problem as well. I managed to get the time set correctly. I went to World Clock>Set Date & Time...>unchecked Enable Local Network Time and found that it was set to Denver. I live in Phoenix which stays on standard time during the summer. When daylight savings is not used, the four-point star next to the minutes is absent. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) also does not use daylight savings, and so the four-point star should be absent when showing that time as well. Phoenix is always 7 hours less than GMT. By the way, London DOES go on daylight savings in the summer. I then tapped on the pick list arrow and selected Phoenix>re-checked Enable Local Network Time>Done. My clock was accurate until I did a reset. The location reverted back to Denver, which apparently is the default setting.

On a side note, when I logged on to pdaPhoneHome.com the website says: All times are GMT -7 hours. The time now is 11:06 AM. Phoenix is GMT -7 hours, but the time was 10:06 AM when I brought up this webpage. Perhaps a moderator would know how to correct this.
    Samsung i330 > palmOne Treo 650
    palmOne case. Bluespoon AX2 bluetooth headset. SanDisk Ultra II 1.0GB SD Card.

If that's a bug it's kind of funny that Palm hasn't fixed it for more recent models. I own a 755p with the same issue. I live in Puebla, which goes on central time. However, If i set the thing to get date, time and timezone from the network, then it will set the timezone to Montreal, Canada. So i had to set it to retrieve only date and time and set up the timezone manually. The problem comes when I travel to other cities because, even with that setup, the timezone changes every time I enter a different network (roaming) and always to a wrong value. Any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by EMN View Post
    I live in San Jose (just south of San Francisco), CA. I have my Treo 650 "prefs" set to "Enable Local Network Time." The unit displays the time correctly, but seems to think I'm in Denver. As a result, WorldClock (also thinking I'm in Denver) displays the time of other cities inaccurately.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?