+ Reply to Thread

Text Message Identity Problem

When I send a text message to a certain person, for some reason when he replies or if I send a second message, the name shows up as someone else, even though I am sure the number doesn't match this other persons name. Anyone have a similar experience? I get a text message from one person and it displays the name of another. Weird.

Have you checked your contacts list? Perhaps some bug caused names and numbers to be out of sync.

How do you mean exactly? I checked both the contacts and confirmed that the person's name that is showing up doesn't have the number listed anywhere (the # I am sending the text messages to). It is so weird.

Are you using any third party apps that use the contact list? They may be where the conflict is. You may want to delete them (temporarily) and see if the problem self-corrects.

Not sure this will work, but as a last resort,

1) BACK UP your data on both the SD card and your desktop!!!!!!.

2) Then confirm that the desktop has the contact's information correctly.

3) Then do a hardreset followed by a HotSync whereby the desktop overwrites the handheld.

4) using the custom feature Sync the contacts, memos, to dos, and calandar ONLY. (re-virginize your Treo) & RE-Test. If that works, reload your added apps.

Note !!!!: some 3rd party apps may require the re-entry of registration codes etc. so make sure you have them available.

Good Luck!

Already tried a hard reset, and no other applications are using the contact list. Thanks though.

I should add that I haven't received a message from him since the hard reset though, so I am still not certain if it fixed the problem.

Was it only with that individual only? Or are there problems with anyone that sends a SMS?

It was just with that individual; although it could be happening with other people as well, but I wouldn't know because I don't text that many people. I am going to send him a message today and see if it is still happening.